Ontopic Games Thread of love

@fly

rkwou70jut8z.jpg

Sounds like a lot of excuses for a AAA title that turned out to be pretty thin.

Again, no one will be talking about Doom in two weeks. Flash in the fucking pan.

hydra, May 19, 2016

Quoting for posterity. 1 year later, Doom still in the conversation.

Started a game of Fallout 4 again, but with some mods/differnces

*Alternate start mod - puts you in a random location, and you can choose your "backstory" - I chose general merc, got some crappy pipe guns and armor
Zombie Walker mod - Makes all the ghouls into romero-style slow walkers, but they wander around and dont stay in one place, and they gather together and end up in big clumps wandering around. Plus, they only die with a headshot, and they can infect you. Makes you think three times before fucking with them, especially in groups.
Survival Mode - Drinking/Eating/Sleeping needed. Fatigue affects your action points. You can get sick from parasites and infections. I added a quick save mod to this, other wise it only lets you save when you sleep in a bed.
All this plus a few other odds and ends make you approach the game in a whole different way.

*Alternate start mod - puts you in a random location, and you can choose your "backstory" - I chose general merc, got some crappy pipe guns and armor
Zombie Walker mod - Makes all the ghouls into romero-style slow walkers, but they wander around and dont stay in one place, and they gather together and end up in big clumps wandering around. Plus, they only die with a headshot, and they can infect you. Makes you think three times before fucking with them, especially in groups.
Survival Mode - Drinking/Eating/Sleeping needed. Fatigue affects your action points. You can get sick from parasites and infections. I added a quick save mod to this, other wise it only lets you save when you sleep in a bed.
All this plus a few other odds and ends make you approach the game in a whole different way.
There are two or three really good follower mods out there, and I've really enjoyed playing with Transfer Settlements.

If you really want to up the violence try this one
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12395

And not sure which faction you're planning on going with, but if it's the MinuteMen you need to get this as well
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6443
Really makes the MinuteMen an actual faction once they've been built up.

That's pretty cool. Those would totally me me use a follower in the future. I don't even take dogmeat with me as it is. Followers are bad for stealth.
That Zombie Walker mod sounds fucking awesome. I'd be carrying a fatman with me all the time in case of herds.

That's pretty cool. Those would totally me me use a follower in the future. I don't even take dogmeat with me as it is. Followers are bad for stealth.
That Zombie Walker mod sounds fucking awesome. I'd be carrying a fatman with me all the time in case of herds.

Im going with no followers this time, I dont need the idjits rushing in and ruining my stealth then I have 20 walkers all over me.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
Im going with no followers this time, I dont need the idjits rushing in and ruining my stealth then I have 20 walkers all over me.
I used to solely be a stealth player. One day I fucked up and somehow was seen. Sniper rifle was already low on ammo, ended up running out. My "Oh fuck" gun was some .50 cal that I had found that also did +15 of explosion damage. I hadn't used it up until that point.
It was glorious. I shredded about a dozen Super Mutants immediately. Behemoths were falling at my feet. Liberty Prime popped his head over a hill and said "DAMN, SON. NOW THAT IS PATRIOTIC."

I switched playing style mid-build. Went and got a couple followers and just ran around blowing shit up with my H.E. rounds.

So something weird happened
Came walking up to a settlement I had going (hangmans alley, only 2 peeps in it at the time) get a short way from the gate and it busts open and two Gunner fuckers come out shooting at me. Fall back to cover and shoot it out with them, finally smoke the fuckers and go inside to find that theyve smashed the two turrets I had set up inside, smashed the water pumps and were in the process of ripping up the garden I had going.
Wtf, never had a settlement raided like that before, beefed up the defenses now, but shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
looks you need more turrets

also, they were ripping up the garden? lol who coded that into the NPC? "lets make them fuck with the guy's vegetable garden, have 'em piss all over the tatos"