Ontopic Games Thread of love

So, has anyone given Battlegrounds a try yet?

"Developed by Bluehole Inc. and Brendan “Playerunknown” Greene, the creator of popular death match modifications for games like ArmA 2 and 3 and H1Z1, Battlegrounds pits players against one another in a virtual recreation of the “last person standing” setup of books/films like Battle Royale and, more recently, The Hunger Games. An airplane flies above a deserted post-Soviet island dotted with bombed out school buildings, crumbling military barracks, and barely-standing houses before waves of players jump out, parachute to the ground then set off at a dash for the weapons and equipment required to murder as many of each other as possible. The deaths, in areas where many players land, come quickly. A few punches or a single shotgun blast end the victim’s game. Survival is a frantic process of scrounging supplies as quickly as possible and listening with fast-beating heart for the sounds of nearby opponents so as to immediately flee or, better, get the drop on them before they have a chance to fight back."

http://www.gq.com/story/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-is-hugely-popular?mbid=social_facebook

I
So, has anyone given Battlegrounds a try yet?

"Developed by Bluehole Inc. and Brendan “Playerunknown” Greene, the creator of popular death match modifications for games like ArmA 2 and 3 and H1Z1, Battlegrounds pits players against one another in a virtual recreation of the “last person standing” setup of books/films like Battle Royale and, more recently, The Hunger Games. An airplane flies above a deserted post-Soviet island dotted with bombed out school buildings, crumbling military barracks, and barely-standing houses before waves of players jump out, parachute to the ground then set off at a dash for the weapons and equipment required to murder as many of each other as possible. The deaths, in areas where many players land, come quickly. A few punches or a single shotgun blast end the victim’s game. Survival is a frantic process of scrounging supplies as quickly as possible and listening with fast-beating heart for the sounds of nearby opponents so as to immediately flee or, better, get the drop on them before they have a chance to fight back."

http://www.gq.com/story/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-is-hugely-popular?mbid=social_facebook
I read that as "developed by Butthole Inc.

Also no, but it looks fun. Battle Royale mixed with hunger games kinda thing.

IMHO, multiplayer survival games are a pain in the ass.

This one isnt really a survival game. Its 30 (i think) minute matches, with a continually constricting arena, last man standing wins.

Survival elements are just what you can scrounge along the way when the arena is bigger.

Oculus rift is down to 400 for the full set :happy:
that is a very palatable price comparatively. Shame about two things

1) facebooks shady ass locked game practices and "openVR" which is in no way open
2) for roomscale, you need to buy a 3rd sensor, and all the sensors are wired, which means you need to run longass USB cords all over

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
That was @Maureen's nickname in high school

giphy.gif