Food For the person on here who claimed that it wasn't a problem...

Working 80+ hours a week? Fuck that noise.
I've got a full time job, contract work, and my upholstery startup. Once the upholstery thing takes off I'll be ditching the fill time job.

Plus there's that lifelong goal of living on a 100'+ sailboat in the tropics that I'm saving for.

This pisses me the fuck off. I am 100% wholly NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THIS SHIT. My personal responsibility begins and ends with me.

You clearly havent read any of this.

You had a shitty set of bad circumstances happen to you. You're right, you didnt cause any of those things.

It. Does. Not. Matter.

Noone is saying that stuff is your fault. Its not. Noone is saying "you got yourself into this". The present, you do have control over. Its all about recovery, rather than staying in a downward spiral.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
You had a shitty set of bad circumstances happen to you. You're right, you didnt cause any of those things.

It. Does. Not. Matter.

Noone is saying that stuff is your fault. Its not. Noone is saying "you got yourself into this". The present, you do have control over. Its all about recovery, rather than staying in a downward spiral.
No, it's not even about how it started. It's about what I'm responsible for now. All my bills are third party. I don't pay "my" utilities, I pay "The Estate of XXX" utilities, I don't pay "my" taxes, I pay "The Estate of XXX"'s taxes etc.

Last edited:
This pisses me the fuck off. I am 100% wholly NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THIS SHIT. What is so hard to understand about this?

It's like you can't read.
You've said you're acting as the head of a household, yet you cannot control any aspect of it. To me that sounds like you are responsible for something.

All I've taken away from this thread is that you are an effective doormat. You took it when they raped your CC, you took it when they cut the lock on your food, and you took it when they wrecked your car and did nothing to rectify the situation.

Please tell me how none of these are your responsibility in some way.
So, it makes you better than someone else to kick them while they're down?
I'm not kicking anyone anywhere. I genuinely feel bad he's in a tight spot, same as I would for any other person.

It's the blatant lack of wanting to try anything new I don't understand. If what you're doing now isn't working, why not try another method?

It's the blatant lack of wanting to try anything new I don't understand. If what you're doing now isn't working, why not try another method?
I had a woodshop. Guess what everyone's bright idea was? Sell all your tools so you wont be on the hook for assets.

I'm trying to get a car. I just got hung out to dry TODAY after setting up a whole purchase yesterday. All I had to do was go to the bank and get cash. People said they would take me, show up 30 minutes before I have to leave and say they wont. I was THIS FUCKING CLOSE to really actually killing someone.

You've said you're acting as the head of a household, yet you cannot control any aspect of it. To me that sounds like you are responsible for something.

All I've taken away from this thread is that you are an effective doormat. You took it when they raped your CC, you took it when they cut the lock on your food, and you took it when they wrecked your car and did nothing to rectify the situation.

Please tell me how none of these are your responsibility in some way.

I'm not kicking anyone anywhere. I genuinely feel bad he's in a tight spot, same as I would for any other person.

Are-you-happy-flowchart-625x883.jpg

I had a woodshop. Guess what everyone's bright idea was? Sell all your tools so you wont be on the hook for assets.

I'm trying to get a car. I just got hung out to dry TODAY after setting up a whole purchase yesterday. All I had to do was go to the bank and get cash. People said they would take me, show up 30 minutes before I have to leave and say they wont. I was THIS FUCKING CLOSE to really actually killing someone.
Damn, you never sell tools. :(

Where are you in NY? I have several friends around fredonia and Rochester who would likely be able to give you a ride.