Food For the person on here who claimed that it wasn't a problem...

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥3,190
When we were talking about Syria I suggested we should take care of things in this country like starving people before taking care of people halfway around the world. Someone, and I can't remember who, suggested that we have such great social programs in this country that nobody has to starve and those people who weren't eating were doing so because they were making poor choices. To you and anyone else who agrees, I give you this challenge: do what this guy is doing and tell us about it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-inte...arbs-panera-ceo-learns-to-live-on-4-50-a-day/

I think it was fly. There are millions of children who don't eat right in this country let alone adults.

No thanks. That doesn't mean it isn't possible. Between grocery store sales, whole chickens, rice, pasta, and a garden, I could probably have money left over. You can't really think its that hard, can you?
He eats out every meal, of course he does.

No thanks. That doesn't mean it isn't possible. Between grocery store sales, whole chickens, rice, pasta, and a garden, I could probably have money left over. You can't really think its that hard, can you?
lmao
What fucking whole chickens? They are $1.99 per POUND. That's like $14 for a chicken that lasts three days. Gardens aren't free, labor = money, not to mention seeds etc. Pasta is .99 a pound, and if you think 1lb of spaghetti makes a meal with nothing else you are sadly mistaken.

I have been feeding three people on about $100 a month for 8 months. It blows, 99% of meals are JUST RICE, or JUST RICE WITH EGGS, or JUST A POTATO. No butter, no salt, no pepper, no milk, no vegetables, no oil, no coffee, no sugar, no shortening. It's possible, sure, if you like not sleeping because you are hungry after eating your ONE POTATO for the entire day and feeling super tired for days on end because you dont even know what fat tastes like anymore.

Last edited:
lmao
What fucking whole chickens? They are $1.99 per POUND. That's like $14 for a chicken that lasts three days. Gardens aren't free, labor = money, not to mention seeds etc. Pasta is .99 a pound, and if you think 1lb of spaghetti makes a meal with nothing else you are sadly mistaken.

I have been feeding three people on about $100 a month for 8 months. It blows, 99% of meals are JUST RICE, or JUST RICE WITH EGGS, or JUST A POTATO. No butter, no salt, no pepper, no milk, no vegetables, no oil, no coffee, no sugar, no shortening.

Serious question. Why haven't you grown vegetables?

lmao

I have been feeding three people on about $100 a month for 8 months. It blows, 99% of meals are JUST RICE, or JUST RICE WITH EGGS, or JUST A POTATO. No butter, no salt, no pepper, no milk, no vegetables, no oil, no coffee, no sugar, no shortening.
I still don't understand how your two brothers aren't chipping in. That's cruel, yo.

lmao

Pretty sure chickens don't cost that here. However, even if it did, I could eat two pounds a day and still have .50 portion left over of a 10 pound bag of rice. And gardens themselves don't cost money, mr sensitive. In fact, there are plenty of veggies you can buy in the store, eat, then plant the rest. Relax

edit: And still have bones from the chicken left over for some good stock for soup.

Serious question. Why haven't you grown vegetables?
It takes capital. They dont give away crop seeds. There is also this thing where I live in a lake basin, it's also highly acidic soil that requires some amount of treatment (more capital) to grow things in.

It takes capital. They dont give away crop seeds. There is also this thing where I live in a lake basin, it's also highly acidic soil that requires some amount of treatment (more capital) to grow things in.
Composting is your friend.

Wait for some soil deals at Home Depot and grow shit right out of the bag. Or make your own compost. I understand its nothing quick, but could help...

Pretty sure chickens don't cost that here. However, even if it did, I could eat two pounds a day and still have .50 portion left over of a 10 pound bag of rice. And gardens themselves don't cost money, mr sensitive. In fact, there are plenty of veggies you can buy in the store, eat, then plant the rest. Relax

edit: And still have bones from the chicken left over for some good stock for soup.
I don't think you've ever weighed how much food you eat. Gardens cost money. You think the time you spend gardening and not making money is free? If you save $20 gardening and lose $1k in opportunity cost you are IN THE RED.

Wait for some soil deals at Home Depot and grow shit right out of the bag. Or make your own compost. I understand its nothing quick, but could help...
It'd be nice to live off the land more. When we had a garden, it was always 'feel good' to bring in food from outside and cook with it.

Im not looking for suggestions. Im pointing out it's well and great to talk about this crap but actually doing it is significantly harder than you think.

You cant eat out of a "few" bags from home depot for months. You need several hundred pounds of food to last several months. You are also missing all fats entirely which actually begins to be really annoying.

It'd be nice to live off the land more. When we had a garden, it was always 'feel good' to bring in food from outside and cook with it.

I'd love to live on a homestead out in the Canadian wilderness. Juli would never go for it though.