Food For the person on here who claimed that it wasn't a problem...

I would not wear clothes from there and I don't need a 50 gallon jar of mayo

The clothes are actually pretty high quality. All my button up shirts are from there. Got some very comfortable workout socks there too. And not all food is super ultra mega size.

However I can get 18 bottles of Yeungling for $15

as a single-ish dude (aka, no family) i find very limited value in costco. I have had a membership twice, once because i bought tires that even factoring in the price of the membership were cheaper than anywhere else, and the second time because i bought a security system, which once again, was worth it even including the membership price

I feel like costco is only for people with 2+ kids, big households.

Costco'ites. Prove me wrong. as a single dude, or even two people, like Flapril, what benefits are there at costco?

besides the delicious hotdogs. Thats a benefit to humanity as a whole. Those things are awesome.

My brother juices daily as part of his fitness thing, he gets produce at Costco. He's told me it's cheapest in his area and since juicing uses large quantities of produce....

as a single-ish dude (aka, no family) i find very limited value in costco. I have had a membership twice, once because i bought tires that even factoring in the price of the membership were cheaper than anywhere else, and the second time because i bought a security system, which once again, was worth it even including the membership price

Costco'ites. Prove me wrong. as a single dude, or even two people, like Flapril, what benefits are there at costco?

besides the delicious hotdogs. Thats a benefit to humanity as a whole. Those things are awesome.

Go to one and check it out. They will give you a one day trial to see if you like it.

Gas, tires, mechanical work, pharmacy, eye doctor, and many other services are also offered with great prices.

Don't think of Costco as just a grocery store.

It's just different choice for people. I only buy locally sourced produce and meat whenever possible. I don't want some apple that came from some shithole in Columbia just because Costo could get them cheaper. Also the clothing sold as Costo, Sams, etc even if name brand falls into the same category as outlet malls. It is not the same standard as if you bought it as the regular store. That is why alot of the brands you can find stuff cheaper there.

My brother juices daily as part of his fitness thing, he gets produce at Costco. He's told me it's cheapest in his area and since juicing uses large quantities of produce....

see, i would go for produce, but when i was there i remember it being priced high. 3-5 bucks a pound for stuff, when the local groceries have it for 1.99

Same with meat, everyone talks about their meat, but its always super expensive

see, i would go for produce, but when i was there i remember it being priced high. 3-5 bucks a pound for stuff, when the local groceries have it for 1.99

Same with meat, everyone talks about their meat, but its always super expensive

I dunno then, he's in Durham, NC so maybe it's a regional difference?

As a married dude who just began working on cars:

I got this:
http://www.amazon.com/Arcan-Quick-Lift-Professional-Service/dp/B000Y9YGX4

for $80.

I got this:
http://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-154-Mechanics-Tool-35154/dp/B00065T000/

for $50

An entire car wash setup was $20 including Meguiars Car soap

As stated earlier, I get all my dress shirts there @ $14 each and get nothing but compliments when I wear them (they also feel really good)

Gift certificates to spas and nice restaurants you can take a gf out with ($45 will get you $50)

If you cook, flour and rice is dirt cheap. Meats are cheaper and you can get amounts that you would normally get at stores. Peanut butter comes in jars of 2 so it's not like you need extra pantry space.

You can get your deoderant, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, and toothpaste to last you more than a year for a cheap price and they don't take up much space.

I drink beer and buy beer for family events and get it fairly cheap (check the Yeungling price I mentioned)