WTF For all you runners...

"Matsumura and his colleagues evaluated data from more than 3,800 men and women runners, average age 46."

So this is just conjecture based on the likelihood of taking anti-inflammatories which can shorten your lifespan? They have no data on when long distance runners die, just an assumption that one single factor will influence their longevity. Who authorises the release of this pseudo scintific bullshit?

"Matsumura and his colleagues evaluated data from more than 3,800 men and women runners, average age 46."

So this is just conjecture based on the likelihood of taking anti-inflammatories which can shorten your lifespan? They have no data on when long distance runners die, just an assumption that one single factor will influence their longevity. Who authorises the release of this pseudo scintific bullshit?

The article even said that the NSAIDs have nothing to do with it. The article is such horseshit. No published study listed, no actual epi study done one runners from early careers to morgue status, nada. How can you base a study related to age if death on people that are still alive?

holy dogshit :lol: why would you trust the news to tell you about science? whether or not it fits an agenda they still get it wrong because reporters don't know what the fuck they're talking about

peer reviewed articles matter, news articles don't

edit: omg I didn't notice the link at the bottom to the "Study"

http://www.research.net/s/runmasters

For additional information or questions you may contact the researchers at [email protected]

this is the kind of stupid shit that gets idiots to believe that "first they said eggs were good for you then they said eggs were bad then they changed their minds again"

Last edited:
holy dogshit :lol: why would you trust the news to tell you about science? whether or not it fits an agenda they still get it wrong because reporters don't know what the fuck they're talking about

peer reviewed articles matter, news articles don't

edit: omg I didn't notice the link at the bottom to the "Study"

http://www.research.net/s/runmasters

this is the kind of stupid shit that gets idiots to believe that "first they said eggs were good for you then they said eggs were bad then they changed their minds again"

It's not that I believe in it, it's all the ignorati in my life that believes EVERYTHING they read and hear without investigating it on their own, without fact or source checking.

I received half a dozen links to this article yesterday with a variation of the tag line "Are you sure running is okay for you? I care about you so you should stop doing the one thing you love to do". It's irritating to have to be defensive over stupid shit like this to friends and family :p

i dislike biking in that you have have to do like 72 miles of biking to get the same result as 5 miles of running

It's not that I believe in it, it's all the ignorati in my life that believes EVERYTHING they read and hear without investigating it on their own, without fact or source checking.

I received half a dozen links to this article yesterday with a variation of the tag line "Are you sure running is okay for you? I care about you so you should stop doing the one thing you love to do". It's irritating to have to be defensive over stupid shit like this to friends and family :p

the solution to this is to stop being friends with retards

i dislike biking in that you have have to do like 72 miles of biking to get the same result as 5 miles of running
TSRH

but I love exploring everywhere on a bike.

These girls I went to lunch with a few days ago were saying that rollerblading is just as much of a workout as running. I just stared at them in disbelief.

Maybe if you are pushing yourself sooooo fast on blades as if you are running, but I can't see it. (they so aren't)

TSRH

These girls I went to lunch with a few days ago were saying that rollerblading is just as much of a workout as running. I just stared at them in disbelief.

Maybe if you are pushing yourself sooooo fast on blades as if you are running, but I can't see it. (they so aren't)

I used to rollerblade like 25 miles up and down the lake path when I lived in Chicago. It was fantastic exercise.

There was a study years ago that said broccoli is deadly too.

The companies get paid to do these studies. If they didn't find shit that goes against the grain then they wouldn't be in business.

Everyone that eats broccoli croaks, so that is 100% accurate.