FOOTBALL STARTS TONITE!!! (bucs vs. titans)

smileynev said:
2 teams of 10 guys fighting each other padless on a sheet of ice, with sticks? Sounds pretty cool to me

1. They have pads.
2. They don't fight with sticks.
3. Not all 10 men fight at once.
4. People who actually fight are very few.
5. It is cool. Very cool. Much cooler than baseball.

fly said:
I don't care. Its football.

Whatever excuse you can find to watch two 350 pound grown men vomit on each other before grabbing themselves is good enough for you, eh?

Coqui said:
In Football it would be a 25 yard penalty. That's it. Now if it was very malicious in either sport, that would be grounds for ejection.

Would the refs break it up, or monitor it until they're too tired to keep swinging?

Sarcasmo said:
Would the refs break it up, or monitor it until they're too tired to keep swinging?

The refs don't break it up, the team does. (Since the refs are too weak and too small to break it up) And in hockey as soon as they are on the ground, the refs break it up. So if one punch is thrown and they are both off balance and fall, the fight is over.

Sarcasmo said:
1. They have pads.
2. They don't fight with sticks.
3. Not all 10 men fight at once.
4. People who actually fight are very few.
5. It is cool. Very cool. Much cooler than baseball.

baseball > football > hockey > curling > cricket > sodomy > soccer

smileynev said:
baseball > football > hockey > curling > cricket > sodomy > soccer

Which reminds me, I need to get season tickets to FC Dallas now that their new stadium is up and running. Loves me some soccer. Especially with a nice cold beer in my hands.

fly said:
Do you find watching baseball to be even remotely exciting?

All the time.

Or at least sometimes.

In person its fun. I like watching it, but I don't think I've watched a whole game in over a year.

Football is fun to watch. Its just not as intelligent of a game.

Sarcasmo said:
Which reminds me, I need to get season tickets to FC Dallas now that their new stadium is up and running. Loves me some soccer. Escecially with a nice cold beer in my hands.

I'm still torn between cheering for the hometown Crew and the DC United

Just for the uninformed, football has not started yet. Football does not start until the regular season starts. To say otherwise only shows that you have been sucked in by the NFL hype machine.