FOOTBALL STARTS TONITE!!! (bucs vs. titans)

Coqui said:
You complained about fly getting excited about football preseason.
I say what's the difference between that and baseball.

You mention 4 football preseason games acting like do we really need that many.
I mention baseball has over 25.

You mention people paying for preseason games.
I answer your questions not fully knowing what tangent will be coming next.

And I'm changing the subject?

I said that baseball does not hype like football does. You went off on some tangent.

baseball does not promote their spring training games, they aren't televised nationally, and they do not treat them like they are real games. Football does.

smileynev said:
I said that baseball does not hype like football does. You went off on some tangent.

baseball does not promote their spring training games, they aren't televised nationally, and they do not treat them like they are real games. Football does.

Who cares? Why are you so offended that people really get into football preseason games? If no one cared they wouldn't do it.

smileynev said:

Actually I haven't seen any commercials for the football games yet. Other than stating that football season is about to begin, I don't see how they really hype preseason football. And with a total of 64 games played in preseason, it's pretty easy to telvise them nationally and even then you aren't guaranteed to watch the game you want.

But you have your opinion, I have mine.

The media doesn't hype the preseason, the fans do. I have spent entirely too many Sunday afternoons with NASCAR races. And there was no hockey to divert my attention this off season. I am sure I am not alone in this. Many people miss football. So........if the fans are excited and want a little taste of what's comming up, the fans create the hype. What's wrong with that and why is it any different form your baseball?

ChikkenNoodul said:
So I take it they're moving ahead with the stadium plans by you nev?

:(

I guess the new owner has given the go ahead to build near us. 3/4% sales tax increase for our county. Its great. All the state has to do is approve the whole deal.

ChikkenNoodul said:
That's disgusting that they're raising your taxes for that shit.

Not according to the people the local news channel interviewed after the story. Of course they were all at a local sports bar, and one was a season ticket holder.

And according to the county the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks like traffic, increased taxes, more crime, more people, etc.

smileynev said:
Not according to the people the local news channel interviewed after the story. Of course they were all at a local sports bar, and one was a season ticket holder.

And according to the county the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks like traffic, increased taxes, more crime, more people, etc.
Needs moar smileyh0le ranch, right next to the chikken ranch

smileynev said:

But think of all the road construction that can start once that new tax revenue starts rolling in!

fly said:
Needs moar smileyh0le ranch, right next to the chikken ranch

Yes. I should buy northern minnesota. I bet I could get the whole chunk of it after a weekend at Menards.

ChikkenNoodul said:
But think of all the road construction that can start once that new tax revenue starts rolling in!

According to the county the current infrastructure will support the stadium. Of course the commute is asstastic on the way home every night.