FlyNavy's new toy

:cool: I like sigs, I learned to shoot on a 226

:D

I really wish I had a whole bunch of money to buy a large amount of pistols. I think it would be really cool to own one of those really small pistols. I could wear it in a thigh holster. :D

I really am new to the whole gun thing, but it has been good for me. I was terrified of guns before I shot them and learned more about them. I still get a few irrational flares ups of panic, but it is so much easier for me to calm myself down now, now that I understand them.

I bring up good points yet people basically tell me to shut up.

April calls guns toys and nobody says shit, lol

All I can do is laugh.

well they're not toys but they are tools. specialized ones to be respected but not feared

for example, I brought my kimber with me on vacation and was at a friends house on monday getting drunk. one of the guys wanted to see it so I pulled it out and handed it over. why would I do that considering I knew we were all pretty trashed?

because I also knew there was not a single round of .45 ammunition in that apartment. without a round to fire the gun is nothing more than a hunk of metal. we still obeyed the basic safety rules because trigger discipline and proper direction should always remain a habit but I wasn't worried about a negligent discharge because I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was nothing for the gun to discharge in the first place

respect, never fear. :cool:

Last edited:
well they're not toys but they are tools. specialized ones to be respected but not feared

for example, I brought my kimber with me on vacation and was at a friends house on monday getting drunk. one of the guys wanted to see it so I pulled it out and handed it over. why would I do that considering I knew we were all pretty trashed?

because I also knew there was not a single round of .45 ammunition in that apartment. without a round to fire the gun is nothing more than a hunk of metal. we still obeyed the basic safety rules because trigger discipline and proper direction should always remain a habit but I wasn't worried about a negligent discharge because I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was nothing for the gun to discharge in the first place

respect, never fear. :cool:

Fucking A, we agreed on something. ARCHIVE THIS!

Playing with guns when drunk = dumb IMO

no matter where you think the bullets are or are not.

Playing with guns while drunk is stupid.

Sounds like those two individuals were responsible and knowledgeable about guns that they know not to play with it. Thats why they were only looking at it.

You have this big fear about guns, and its natural because there are billions of stupid people out there with guns. It seems rare to come across a person that respects firearms because you don't hear about them in the news.

We weren't playing with it and it certainly matters where I think the bullets are. There was not a single, solitary round of .45 ammo in that apartment. That means the gun could not have caused any damage whatsoever. Completely, utterly impossible. It was a hunk of metal until I took it all the way to the range loaded the mag.

Pretending that guns are these magical devices that can hurt people without their intended ammo is silly and pointless at best, counter-productive at worst.

it's like yelling at me for drunk driving because I was trashed sitting in my car in the driveway...without an engine in the car :p

Last edited:
Many stories you hear on a regular basis is people thinking the gun was not loaded. Sorry but my opinion is that having a gun out while intoxicated is irresponsible, especially showing it off to friends who are also drunk.

Playing with guns while drunk is stupid.

Sounds like those two individuals were responsible and knowledgeable about guns that they know not to play with it. Thats why they were only looking at it.

You have this big fear about guns, and its natural because there are billions of stupid people out there with guns. It seems rare to come across a person that respects firearms because you don't hear about them in the news.

My fear is never the gun, I have no fear of inanimate objects.

Many stories you hear on a regular basis is people thinking the gun was not loaded. Sorry but my opinion is that having a gun out while intoxicated is irresponsible, especially showing it off to friends who are also drunk.

http://thefiringline.com/library/safetyrules.html

That's why I specifically said that we were observing the standard safety rules. I did not "think" the gun was unloaded, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt. There was no ammunition in the case when I checked it at the airport, there was no ammunition when I opened it after landing, there was no ammunition when I cleaned it, there was no ammunition when I opened it up that day. The slide was locked open in the case the entire time. The mag was empty the entire time. I didn't purchase a single round of .45 until we got to the range.

It would have required breaking the laws of physics for that gun to have been able to fire a round at that point.

Again, it's like yelling at someone for drunk driving because they're behind the wheel of a car without an engine.

My fear is never the gun, I have no fear of inanimate objects.

You obviously do. A firearm without the appropriate ammunition is not a weapon. It's not dangerous. It's no more dangerous than any other hunk of metal. Is holding a hard drive dangerous while drunk? Not as heavy as the gun but could cause almost as much damage.

Showing off a firearm to friends while drunk is irresponsible in my OPINION. Again it is just my opinion. I would never do it because of how I feel about it. If I am shit faced and someone else who is drunk pulls out a firearm I will leave or make them put it away. To me that is normal gun safety. Maybe I am just overly cautious with firearms but I would rather be that way than not. I do not show off firearms that I have nor do I feel I need to make it known that I have one. To me they are weapons, nothing more. It is a weapon that I am sorry what you guys feel but it is made for the purpose of sending a high velocity round into something. Now if you want to call that not for the purpose of "killing or harming" that is your choice. To me a gun is made for 1 purpose, to kill or wound.

I bring up good points yet people basically tell me to shut up.
April calls guns toys and nobody says shit, lol
All I can do is laugh.

I asked you to stop because you're using the same tired and stupid arguements that you always use, and to put a point on it you're just pwning yourself. You've yet to say anything original, or even borderline insightful, you just repeatedly make yourself look ignorant and intolerant of the hobbies and interests of others. You call into question the judgement and intelligence of everyone on the forum on a regular basis but if anyone turns the tables on you you freak the hell out and start screaming about the world being against you.

There are only two reasons why people post in such a way BeerAd.

1) They really are ignorant and intolerant.

2) They're trolling.

So which is it? Either way it's time to put a stop to it, because I'm tired of dealing with it (I'm probably not the only one that feels that way either).

Wow, slamming someone for doing things while intoxicated. That kettle is blacker than a mofo ain't it?

Last edited:
Showing off a firearm to friends while drunk is irresponsible in my OPINION. Again it is just my opinion. I would never do it because of how I feel about it. If I am shit faced and someone else who is drunk pulls out a firearm I will leave or make them put it away. To me that is normal gun safety. Maybe I am just overly cautious with firearms but I would rather be that way than not. I do not show off firearms that I have nor do I feel I need to make it known that I have one. To me they are weapons, nothing more. It is a weapon that I am sorry what you guys feel but it is made for the purpose of sending a high velocity round into something. Now if you want to call that not for the purpose of "killing or harming" that is your choice. To me a gun is made for 1 purpose, to kill or wound.

A responsible gun owner would never hand over their gun to an irresponsible person. He was showing it to a friend he KNEW knows about guns, obviously because the friend handled the gun responsibly. Inebriated or not.

http://thefiringline.com/library/safetyrules.html

That's why I specifically said that we were observing the standard safety rules. I did not "think" the gun was unloaded, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt. There was no ammunition in the case when I checked it at the airport, there was no ammunition when I opened it after landing, there was no ammunition when I cleaned it, there was no ammunition when I opened it up that day. The slide was locked open in the case the entire time. The mag was empty the entire time. I didn't purchase a single round of .45 until we got to the range.

It would have required breaking the laws of physics for that gun to have been able to fire a round at that point.

Again, it's like yelling at someone for drunk driving because they're behind the wheel of a car without an engine.

I am glad you feel the need to show off a gun. That is your choice and I am not saying you do not have that right. I am saying that it is not along the lines of how I feel or how I was raised. If you feel the need to show off your firearm well then go right ahead. I am just saying how I feel about showing off guns while intoxicated. Again, its just my opinion and I respect yours, you would just never catch me doing that.