FlyNavy's new toy

I asked you to stop because you're using the same tired and stupid arguements that you always use, and to put a point on it you're just pwning yourself. You've yet to say anything original, or even borderline insightful, you just repeatedly make yourself look ignorant and intolerant of the hobbies and interests of others. You call into question the judgement and intelligence of everyone on the forum on a regular basis but if anyone turns the tables on you you freak the hell out and start screaming about the world being against you.

There are only two reasons why people post in such a way BeerAd.

1) They really are ignorant and intolerant.

2) They're trolling.

So which is it? Either way it's time to put a stop to it, because I'm tired of dealing it (I'm probably not the only one that feels that way either).

Wow, slamming someone for doing things while intoxicated. That kettle is blacker than a mofo ain't it?

I am sorry for voicing an opinion that you do not like Knyte.

Oh yeah and 3.) they are stating an opinion of theres

I will go with number 3 please

Last edited:
When you pull something out for display that you are proud of is that not "showing it off"?

Irresponsible gun owners "show off." Its more like a show and tell, it becomes "showing off" when the person starts boasting and saying things like "look what I can do with this gun."

Showing off a firearm to friends while drunk is irresponsible in my OPINION. Again it is just my opinion. I would never do it because of how I feel about it. If I am shit faced and someone else who is drunk pulls out a firearm I will leave or make them put it away. To me that is normal gun safety. Maybe I am just overly cautious with firearms but I would rather be that way than not. I do not show off firearms that I have nor do I feel I need to make it known that I have one. To me they are weapons, nothing more. It is a weapon that I am sorry what you guys feel but it is made for the purpose of sending a high velocity round into something. Now if you want to call that not for the purpose of "killing or harming" that is your choice. To me a gun is made for 1 purpose, to kill or wound.

Right, I understand your opinion and I'm pointing out that it's because you fear inanimate objects.

Of course firearms are weapons. That's what they are designed to be. But they are also machines and they work in a very specific way. Without ammunition to fire they cannot be used for their intended purpose. I didn't just pull it out randomly in the middle of conversation. We were talking about guns. We were making plans for the range. We knew that the gun was intert/sterile/harmless/whatever.

We're not idiots, we're not irresponsible. We simply understand the mechanics behind firearms and were not quite drunk enough to worry that quantum mechanics were going to kick in and a round would simply appear itself in the chamber.

I am sorry for voicing an opinion that you do not like Knyte.

There's a difference between voicing an opinion and playing the "look at me, I completely disagree with you and want EVERYONE to know it!".

A good portion of the things you do and post about I disagree with, and most often am barely able to understand or even break down with conventional logic, but I keep my mouth shut about them. That's called courtesy.

Last edited:
I am glad you feel the need to show off a gun. That is your choice and I am not saying you do not have that right. I am saying that it is not along the lines of how I feel or how I was raised. If you feel the need to show off your firearm well then go right ahead. I am just saying how I feel about showing off guns while intoxicated. Again, its just my opinion and I respect yours, you would just never catch me doing that.

feel the need to show off? :confused: I made the thread because I wanted knyte and the other folks interested in boom sticks to see it. I'd expect the same of why_ask_why if he bought a new vette

I bought the Corvette of 1911s so I wanted to share that with other enthusiasts. :D

Again, I understand your opinion. I simply believe my analogy stands, it's akin to accusing someone of drunk driving while sitting in an engine-less car.

Right, I understand your opinion and I'm pointing out that it's because you fear inanimate objects.

Of course firearms are weapons. That's what they are designed to be. But they are also machines and they work in a very specific way. Without ammunition to fire they cannot be used for their intended purpose. I didn't just pull it out randomly in the middle of conversation. We were talking about guns. We were making plans for the range. We knew that the gun was intert/sterile/harmless/whatever.

We're not idiots, we're not irresponsible. We simply understand the mechanics behind firearms and were not quite drunk enough to worry that quantum mechanics were going to kick in and a round would simply appear itself in the chamber.

It is good that you are showing yourself proper safety measures and I understand/respect that. The only thing I was saying is that I personally feel no need for someone to pull out a gun while intoxicated. It was my only point and I dont see why Knyte has to jump all over me yet again for it. It is my opinion, lol. I could say the sky is black cause that is my opinion, no need for the outlandish 1's and 2's about why I am posting.

feel the need to show off? :confused: I made the thread because I wanted knyte and the other folks interested in boom sticks to see it. I'd expect the same of why_ask_why if he bought a new vette

I bought the Corvette of 1911s so I wanted to share that with other enthusiasts. :D

Again, I understand your opinion. I simply believe my analogy stands, it's akin to accusing someone of drunk driving while sitting in an engine-less car.

I meant nothing bad by using the words "show off". If I pull out my pen cause I am a proud owner of it I am "showing it off". I did not mean it as "hey look at that fucking show off" lol. I hope you didnt think that.

There's a difference between voicing an opinion an playing the "look at me, I completely disagree with you and want EVERYONE to know it!".

A good portion of the things you do and post about I disagree with, and most often am barely able to understand or even break down with conventional logic, but I keep my mouth shut about them. That's called courtesy.

Look Knyte, I have tried so many times to patch up why you dislike me or my postings. I even try to say things as only MY opinions and clearly state it. If you dont like my postings or have such a hard time "breaking them down" then please feel free to put me on ignore.

It is good that you are showing yourself proper safety measures and I understand/respect that. The only thing I was saying is that I personally feel no need for someone to pull out a gun while intoxicated. It was my only point and I dont see why Knyte has to jump all over me yet again for it. It is my opinion, lol. I could say the sky is black cause that is my opinion, no need for the outlandish 1's and 2's about why I am posting.

no, I didn't feel the need to do so. I could have easily said "no, let's not pull it out while drunk" and when I did we actually discussed this very issue. he asked me if I felt weird handling a gun while buzzed and I told him the same thing I told you. there was not a single round of the appropriate ammunition in that apartment and thus there is no reasonably possible way that it could fire. it was a piece of steel
I meant nothing bad by using the words "show off". If I pull out my pen cause I am a proud owner of it I am "showing it off". I did not mean it as "hey look at that fucking show off" lol. I hope you didnt think that.

nah homie, it's all good :)

Look Knyte, I have tried so many times to patch up why you dislike me or my postings. I even try to say things as only MY opinions and clearly state it. If you dont like my postings or have such a hard time "breaking them down" then please feel free to put me on ignore.

Ok.

no, I didn't feel the need to do so. I could have easily said "no, let's not pull it out while drunk" and when I did we actually discussed this very issue. he asked me if I felt weird handling a gun while buzzed and I told him the same thing I told you. there was not a single round of the appropriate ammunition in that apartment and thus there is no reasonably possible way that it could fire. it was a piece of steel

nah homie, it's all good :)

yeah, I do see your point now. If that situation were turned around on me I probably wouldnt care because of all the "knows" you had about no ammo. I find myself in situations where people pull out there guns while intoxicated more than I would like too. It probably happens about twice a year and usually the gun was/is loaded. This is why I have a 0 tolerance policy on booze and guns. Normally I flip the fuck out on someone if we had been drinking all day and they pull out their gun to show people. Normally when in this situation the bullets are either right there or already in the clip/chamber.

Knowing you had no ammo around makes it different. I just thought you were saying that as if "yeah it wasnt loaded". Now heres my question...

If the situation was turned and there actually was live ammo in the house would you have brought out the gun while intoxicated?

Last edited:
yeah, I do see your point now. If that situation were turned around on me I probably wouldnt care because of all the "knows" you had about no ammo. I find myself in situations where people pull out there guns while intoxicated more than I would like too. It probably happens about twice a year and usually the gun was/is loaded. This is why I have a 0 tolerance policy on booze and guns. Normally I flip the fuck out on someone if we had been drinking all day and they pull out their gun to show people. Normally when in this situation the bullets are either right there or already in the clip/chamber.

Knowing you had no ammo around makes it different. I just thought you were saying that as if "yeah it wasnt loaded". Now heres my question...

If the situation was turned and there actually was live ammo in the house would you have brought out the gun while intoxicated?

Depends on the house I was in, the people I was around and my state of intoxication. Let's say I'd bought a box of ammo on the way to his place. Knowing that the only appropriate rounds were in that box I probably wouldn't have had a problem. I wouldn't have touched the box or let anyone else do so. I certainly wouldn't load the magazine or chamber a round. The box would stay put away and closed.

Now let's say my buddy also owns a 45 and had some lying around. No, I wouldn't have brought it out. In fact his 9mm Sig was in a box right next to us but I didn't ask to see it (again) because I knew his was loaded since he had prepared for our trip the range much earlier. And I'd already seen it sober but still...I specifically avoided the gun that could actually function.

Depends on the house I was in, the people I was around and my state of intoxication. Let's say I'd bought a box of ammo on the way to his place. Knowing that the only appropriate rounds were in that box I probably wouldn't have had a problem. I wouldn't have touched the box or let anyone else do so. I certainly wouldn't load the magazine or chamber a round. The box would stay put away and closed.

Now let's say my buddy also owns a 45 and had some lying around. No, I wouldn't have brought it out. In fact his 9mm Sig was in a box right next to us but I didn't ask to see it (again) because I knew his was loaded since he had prepared for our trip the range much earlier. And I'd already seen it sober but still...I specifically avoided the gun that could actually function.

We have pretty much the same view point on it then but because of my past experiences I just make it a 0 tolerance when intoxicated.

I personally feel that each person has his/her own view on guns and how they are handled. I am not going to tell anyone they should not be doing something but I will say how I feel about it. To me that is why this forum is here for each and every topic. If my feelings on a certain subject piss certain people off I am sorry but again, its just my opinion. As per what Knyte was saying, why should anyone get pissed off about my opinion? If you really think it is ignorant then hey, maybe it is, but it is still my opinion. No need to get mad at me for stating it.

thank you for answering my questions FlizzorNavy, it opened my eyes to the situation. I will still follow my ways but it made me realize that your situation was well thought out by responsible gun owners.

thank you for answering my questions FlizzorNavy, it opened my eyes to the situation. I will still follow my ways but it made me realize that your situation was well thought out by responsible gun owners.

also note that this was with two very good friends around. had this been with total strangers or even some of the guys I usually shoot with back home I wouldn't have been comfortable at all. I trust these two guys, I know how they think

I bring up good points yet people basically tell me to shut up.

April calls guns toys and nobody says shit, lol

All I can do is laugh.

With all due respect, your post seemed to lack even basic logic to me. Replying would have been like trying to argue with a kid who said that purple monsters were mean, while yellow ones were cool. To be honest, I wanted to debate with you and sat there for a good sixty seconds trying to even form a reply and failed. Maybe I just suck tho.

Last edited:
With all due respect, your post seemed to lack even basic logic to me. Replying would have been like trying to argue with a kid who said that purple monsters were mean, while yellow ones were cool. To be honest, I wanted to debate with you and sat there for a good sixty seconds trying to even form a reply and failed. Maybe I just suck tho.

but purple monsters are mean! :omy:
he's going to eat those kids!
cover.jpg

Last edited:

I dont see how you cannot understand my logic but to each his own. To be pretty simple my point was that people handling firearms when they have been drinking IMO isnt smart. Flynavy was able to logically argue my point, I dont see why I got shit for it.

If that is the general outlook on my posts like Knyte said, there is no reason for me to post. I mean that with all due respect too, but if you agree and you all agree I will gladly stick my opinions between my legs and gtfo.