:fly46:

Pandora said:
You would be suprised.... Seems I remember hearing some VIP making a statement not too long ago about how women shouldn't be in high powered positions n'stuff because they miss alot more work than men, specificly because of their family responsibilities. I think the womens rights groups had him burned at the stake or something. However I think he had a very good point.

OMG I'm sooooo getting my girl card revoked now. :omy:
But isn't that what vacation days and personal days are for?

Pandora said:
You would be suprised.... Seems I remember hearing some VIP making a statement not too long ago about how women shouldn't be in high powered positions n'stuff because they miss alot more work than men, specificly because of their family responsibilities. I think the womens rights groups had him burned at the stake or something. However I think he had a very good point.

OMG I'm sooooo getting my girl card revoked now. :omy:

you know what? i completely agree with you. it's not that women are incapable of handing such a position, it's that it's impossible to give such a demanding job and demanding family 100%. i would bet a billion on that. it's impossible to completely dedicate yourself to be the best ceo, for example, and best mother. you can't do it. and this is a whole nother argument, i believe. this is exactly the reason i'm a stay-at-home mom. because i'm that good and that smart enough to be a ceo in a company. because i would never stop at mediocre because that's not how i am. i would challenge myself to the top. which is why i'm not working, and dedicating myself to being a good mother. you can't do both 100%, and no job is more important than raising children productively in my book. so i chose.

so pick one. choose to be the big-time ceo. i'll support you. but don't try to do that and have two kids that you never see and pay someone else to raise them just to say you did it. you didn't.
if you want to be a mother, work somewhere that's not too high-demanding and that gives you money so you can dedicate yourself to your family for awhile. you can be a ceo before or after the children if you really want both. you can't fucking have it at the same time. IT'S NOT FAIR, BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS. PICK ONE.

(this is in no way directed to pandora or anyone on here. now i'm on my soapbox and i'm talking to those bitches who's heads are so bloated and fucked up with the false cockiness that they can have it all and do it all. THAT'S being a selfish bitch. :mad:)

Thorn Bird said:
you know what? i completely agree with you. it's not that women are incapable of handing such a position, it's that it's impossible to give such a demanding job and demanding family 100%. i would bet a billion on that. it's impossible to completely dedicate yourself to be the best ceo, for example, and best mother. you can't do it. and this is a whole nother argument, i believe. this is exactly the reason i'm a stay-at-home mom. because i'm that good and that smart enough to be a ceo in a company. because i would never stop at mediocre because that's not how i am. i would challenge myself to the top. which is why i'm not working, and dedicating myself to being a good mother. you can't do both 100%, and no job is more important than raising children productively in my book. so i chose.

so pick one. choose to be the big-time ceo. i'll support you. but don't try to do that and have two kids that you never see and pay someone else to raise them just to say you did it. you didn't.
if you want to be a mother, work somewhere that's not too high-demanding and that gives you money so you can dedicate yourself to your family for awhile. you can be a ceo before or after the children if you really want both. you can't fucking have it at the same time. IT'S NOT FAIR, BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS. PICK ONE.

(this is in no way directed to pandora or anyone on here. now i'm on my soapbox and i'm talking to those bitches who's heads are so bloated and fucked up with the false cockiness that they can have it all and do it all. THAT'S being a selfish bitch. :mad:)

WOOT! Preach it sista! :heart:

zengirl said:
How about if we all hold hands right now and sing Kum ba Ya? :fly:

believe it or not, pandora and i are not pissed at each other! she is a dear friend of mine, and i completely respect her and her opinions, wrong as they are. (OMG I'M JUST KIDDING HERE, PEOPLE!!!!!!!) seriously, she and i have VERY different viewpoints most of the time. i recognize that. we're on different sides of the tracks. but i realized this a long time ago, and just as i try hard to be respectful in any debate we have, i feel that she does, too. we're just two smart women who can discuss without pulling out the claws. i accept her and do even see the points made with most of her opinions. i just have points too, i believe, and they happen to be different. not right, not wrong, but fitting to me and my life. that's all.

so let the mud fly, you bitches!! :heart:

Thorn Bird said:
believe it or not, pandora and i are not pissed at each other! she is a dear friend of mine, and i completely respect her and her opinions, wrong as they are. (OMG I'M JUST KIDDING HERE, PEOPLE!!!!!!!) seriously, she and i have VERY different viewpoints most of the time. i recognize that. we're on different sides of the tracks. but i realized this a long time ago, and just as i try hard to be respectful in any debate we have, i feel that she does, too. we're just two smart women who can discuss without pulling out the claws. i accept her and do even see the points made with most of her opinions. i just have points too, i believe, and they happen to be different. not right, not wrong, but fitting to me and my life. that's all.

:blah: :blah: :blah: Whatever, I KNOW I'm right. The voices tell me so.

:shifty:

Thorn Bird said:

:fly: I just wanted to hold hands

Bubbles said:
I hate kids + I hate working = I'm gonna be a geisha when I grow up
Oh, I saw Memoirs of a Geisha this weekend. I had high hopes and was disappointed, but I wouldn't want to be a geisha....

Bubbles said:
I started the book Tuesday night and have 2 chapters left. I like the book quite a bit, but the movie still doesn't interest me. :eek:
Oh dang... I didn't realize there was a book..... :eek:

I'd for sure be interested in reading that. I don't even know why I bother with movies, save for stellar special effects, movies never compare to books.

zengirl said:
Oh dang... I didn't realize there was a book..... :eek:

I'd for sure be interested in reading that. I don't even know why I bother with movies, save for stellar special effects, movies never compare to books.

The book creates a world that is beautiful, sad, and romantic all at once. It's a lovely story.

Thorn Bird said:
and i am in no way pregnant right now. it's got to be pms. :D

Yet, but don't worry, I'm working on breaking her down. :fly:

And thank you for sticking up for me, I just skip past those comments when they are made.

kiwi said:
Yet, but don't worry, I'm working on breaking her down. :fly:

And thank you for sticking up for me, I just skip past those comments when they are made.

i did assume i could include you in that comment, only because we're on the same page with a lot of that. :eek: