FLY, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lame-o said:
Only if you have a honey mead in one hand and a mandolin in the other.
Its funny you mention those two items.

I cannot find mead anywhere and I've always wanted to try it.

And mandolins ... just .... don't play the mandolin. There are funny stories 'round these parts about a Navy officer who played the mandolin.

theacoustician said:

And mandolins ... just .... don't play the mandolin. There are funny stories 'round these parts about a Navy officer who played the mandolin.

I've had one experience with honey mead and it was amazing. I tried it at a Renaissance Festival south of Dallas (read: clumsy mix of renaissance and medeival hippies walking around saying things that were gay even back when they were actually used). It was fucking hot, the line for beer was entirely too long, so I said to hell with it and bought some honey mead. That shit is like crack. The first hit was free and I've had bags under my eyes ever since.

theacoustician said:

I've got a couple different kinds of mead(From England), and a buddy of mine makes it :D

I'll see if I can wrangle another bottle out of him the next time I see him.

Lame-o said:
I've had one experience with honey mead and it was amazing. I tried it at a Renaissance Festival south of Dallas (read: clumsy mix of renaissance and medeival hippies walking around saying things that were gay even back when they were actually used). It was fucking hot, the line for beer was entirely too long, so I said to hell with it and bought some honey mead. That shit is like crack. The first hit was free and I've had bags under my eyes ever since.

That good eh? Maybe I need to try harder to find some? I just don't understand why they don't carry it in some of the wine stores around here. I figured it just wasn't all that good or something. :confused:

Pandora said:
That good eh? Maybe I need to try harder to find some? I just don't understand why they don't carry it in some of the wine stores around here. I figured it just wasn't all that good or something. :confused:

The stuff I had was sweet, with a very slight honey flavor to it. I don't know if it was too sweet to drink at a party (like if it's a bit too after-dinnerish or dessertish), but it was soooooo good. I can't really remember all of the details because it was about 6 years ago. I would definitely give it another go, though. I think you would like it.

Pandora said:
It'd be more likely found in a place that has a rather large selection of Belgian ales and the like, than just a normal wine store.

Pandora said:
Well around here we have a big ass wine store, and the regular ol' brown bag package stores. I didn't bother looking in the package stores. :eek:

The only place I've ever seen honey mead (not sure if there's a difference from plain ol' mead) is at this renaissance fair. It was a specialty drink they were offering. I have never seen it in any of the big liquor stores here in Dallas.