Florida is a living hell

A guys were camping when a bear suddenly walked into their campsite and growled threateningly. It turned on them both and charged.

The first guy went to run, while the second guy went to put on his sneakers.

the first guy says 'Man, those sneakers won't help you outrun the bear'

the second guy says 'I don't need to outrun the bear. I just need to outrun you'.

the moral of the story, if someone is going to get eaten, it's usually in your best interests if it's someone else and not you.

Yeah, but better still if nobody gets eaten at all. Regardless, I don't live any part of my life in fear of being eaten. If it happens it will suck, but I doubt it will and I'm certainly not going to worry about it.

Sharks rarely feed near shore in midday. Dolphins do not ward off sharks unless their young are threatened. In fact, they are oftentimes the target for bull shark attacks. Sharks are not attracted to red; they like neons and shiny things like knives and jewelry. In the last century there were less than 20 shark fatalities in Florida. It's really sad, there were two sharks caught here recently - a huge hammerhead and a large bull - both were pregnant and killed for sport. Fuckers.

Prior to the 1920s or so, most people chose to live away from the shore in Florida due to the difficulty growing food and keeping a shelter there. They would find a high patch a ways inland.

Prior to the 1920s or so, most people chose to live away from the shore in Florida due to the difficulty growing food and keeping a shelter there. They would find a high patch a ways inland.

When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of Florida.

slightly modified to fit the thread

Sharks rarely feed near shore in midday. Dolphins do not ward off sharks unless their young are threatened. In fact, they are oftentimes the target for bull shark attacks. Sharks are not attracted to red; they like neons and shiny things like knives and jewelry. In the last century there were less than 20 shark fatalities in Florida. It's really sad, there were two sharks caught here recently - a huge hammerhead and a large bull - both were pregnant and killed for sport. Fuckers.

I saw that in the TBT and it angered me. The dude was parading it around the Aquarium like a trophy.

I'm okay for killing animals for food, but for pointless sport is a little unnerving.

Yeah, on the news teh other night they were talking about the odds of winning that huge ass jackpot. The odds of getting struck by lightning in FL were only 400k:1.

"only" o_O Conceptualize one year, that is 365 days. That's decent amount of time, to say, stay in prison or something. If you have a chance to get a boatload of money on any one of those days.

400,000 days is 1096 YEARS. You know what the date was 1096 years ago? 913. The Byzantine Empire was still extent at that time.

Now those arent even your chances for the tickets you buy. Those are the odds for EACH ticket you buy. 400,000 to 1.

"only" o_O Conceptualize one year, that is 365 days. That's decent amount of time, to say, stay in prison or something. If you have a chance to get a boatload of money on any one of those days.

400,000 days is 1096 YEARS. You know what the date was 1096 years ago? 913. The Byzantine Empire was still extent at that time.

Now those arent even your chances for the tickets you buy. Those are the odds for EACH ticket you buy. 400,000 to 1.

You're not contrasting the actual chance.

How about this...there are just over 18 million people who call Florida home. 45 of us will be struck by lightning.

There's my ridiculous comparison.

Last edited: