Florida is a living hell

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,362
Treking deep through the hell that is Sarasota, FL, our intrepid explorers came across a native totem with a forboding warning.

picture.php

Not to be deterred, our adventurers forge onward, under the shadow of great native temples.

picture.php

The deep jungle crushed in from all sides, hiding what lay ahead.

picture.php

Suddenly, a clearing appears. Is our destination finally found?

picture.php

Indeed, the mythical white powdered sand beaches exist. Although many cokefiends mistake such a field for other substances, and die a horrible death, worshippers of the sun and surf find mystery and substance on levels mortals rarely tread.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As the sun sets, one realizes how much living in Florida must be a challenge to it's stalwart patrons, and that live is a harsh, cruel mistress that offers no rewards.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the color of that beach doesn't look like the powdery kind of sand that you can get a shoe-full of and it not bother you
looks darker and more granular

the color of that beach doesn't look like the powdery kind of sand that you can get a shoe-full of and it not bother you
looks darker and more granular

Thats the camera, unfortunately. Plus, those pics were taken from about 50 yards back from the shoreline, so the sand is a bit more diluted back there.

They just rebuilt Lido beach, and added about 30 more yards of beach from what it had. It's a pretty impressive thing when you see what it was and what it is now.

Coolest part was when we got there. 15-20 yards from shore, a big 8 foot dolphin was cruising along the shoreline. It was very cool.

Thats the camera, unfortunately. Plus, those pics were taken from about 50 yards back from the shoreline, so the sand is a bit more diluted back there.

They just rebuilt Lido beach, and added about 30 more yards of beach from what it had. It's a pretty impressive thing when you see what it was and what it is now.

Coolest part was when we got there. 15-20 yards from shore, a big 8 foot dolphin was cruising along the shoreline. It was very cool.

probably no sharks around if a dolphin is about too

I prefer quieter, less crowded beaches like this:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The reason we are all looking at the ground so much is because we were astounded to find that all those shells we saw actually belonged to real living creatures and were not just dead things washed up on the shore and discarded. Amazing place, no people, just nature.

Those are awesome if you are staying on shore. But swimming in isolated waters with no one around you is a good way to get eaten.

Eaten? By what? And if I'm swimming with other people around, doesn't that just reduce my chances of being the one to be eaten?

A guys were camping when a bear suddenly walked into their campsite and growled threateningly. It turned on them both and charged.

The first guy went to run, while the second guy went to put on his sneakers.

the first guy says 'Man, those sneakers won't help you outrun the bear'

the second guy says 'I don't need to outrun the bear. I just need to outrun you'.

the moral of the story, if someone is going to get eaten, it's usually in your best interests if it's someone else and not you.