Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Hey @Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski. If you happen to think you might still be suffering from Long COVID and want to run an experiment on yourself, check this out. 20mg twice a day of Pepcid may help. In another study, they did 40mg once a day. It's also being studied as a treatment of hospitalized patients.

Hey @Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski. If you happen to think you might still be suffering from Long COVID and want to run an experiment on yourself, check this out. 20mg twice a day of Pepcid may help. In another study, they did 40mg once a day. It's also being studied as a treatment of hospitalized patients.

Thanks. I think I'm pretty much better now. My memory isn't the same anymore but maybe it'll return. I'm tired at the moment but I think that's just a touch of depression from life.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

you’re my favourite doctor.
hope you do pap smears
giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and fly
Government is growing some balls.

Mandatory vaccines at work. No non-medical exemptions allowed, any exempted personnel get COVID tested 3 times a week, and if they miss a test, theyre denied access and are LWOP.

Mandatory vaccines at work. No non-medical exemptions allowed, any exempted personnel get COVID tested 3 times a week, and if they miss a test, theyre denied access and are LWOP.
This is awesome! Does it apply to contractors as well?

“The Delta variant is as contagious as chickenpox and may be spread by vaccinated people as easily as the unvaccinated, an internal C.D.C. report says”

-NY Times

can’t wait til the kiddies go back to school and we start this madness all over again

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
In the CDC document, the agency says that the Delta variant is more transmissible than the related coronaviruses that cause MERS and SARS, Ebola, the common cold, seasonal flu, the 1918 Spanish flu and smallpox.

Well fuck. The r0 for plain old covid that infected half the country was like 3.... delta is fuckin 9.

Thats an exponential problem. I guess the only saving grace was that it wasnt delta that hit us first. Society might have collapsed if that was the case.

An analysis of a COVID-19 cluster of around 900 people in Massachusetts—74 percent of whom are vaccinated—is among the alarming data that spurred the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to reverse course on masks this week.

According to an internal CDC document first obtained by The Washington Post Thursday evening, data on the Provincetown, Massachusetts, cluster showed that vaccinated people carried surprisingly high levels of the delta coronavirus in their noses and throats. In a study of a subset of people in the cluster, published at 1pm ET Friday by the CDC, Massachusetts health officials reported that fully vaccinated infected people appeared to have similar viral loads as unvaccinated infected people. More importantly, vaccinated people were found to be spreading the dangerous virus variant to other vaccinated people.

Delta doesnt make you sick if you're vaccinated... but you are just as likely to spread it as a completely unvaccinated person.

Note, all 74% of those spreaders were fully vaccinated.

yeah, plus masks in all common areas. I'm fucked, because I rely on lip reading a lot.

This just goes to show that we need to get an inhaled vaccine approved stat. I know there a couple, but no idea how far along in trials they are. With an inhaled vaccine, the mucosal immune system can start fighting it instead of waiting for our innate immune system to kill it.

In the meantime, unvaccinated idiots will continue to get fucked up, yay! Unfortunately, people with poor immune systems or who cant take it for medical reasons will get caught up in the fallout. That part sucks, but is a pretty small subset...

An analysis of a COVID-19 cluster of around 900 people in Massachusetts—74 percent of whom are vaccinated—is among the alarming data that spurred the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to reverse course on masks this week.

According to an internal CDC document first obtained by The Washington Post Thursday evening, data on the Provincetown, Massachusetts, cluster showed that vaccinated people carried surprisingly high levels of the delta coronavirus in their noses and throats. In a study of a subset of people in the cluster, published at 1pm ET Friday by the CDC, Massachusetts health officials reported that fully vaccinated infected people appeared to have similar viral loads as unvaccinated infected people. More importantly, vaccinated people were found to be spreading the dangerous virus variant to other vaccinated people.

Delta doesnt make you sick if you're vaccinated... but you are just as likely to spread it as a completely unvaccinated person.

Note, all 74% of those spreaders were fully vaccinated.
LOL apparently this study was done during 'bear week'. Apparently its a big gay festival with men fucking each other in close quarters. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
LOL apparently this study was done during 'bear week'. Apparently its a big gay festival with men fucking each other in close quarters. :lol:
As always, some really fantastic comments here.

Pulling some important ones out:
79% of breakthroughs who responded to contact tracing efforts reported symptoms.
That seems to leave a huge black hole that may not actually be representative of the group as a whole.

Among persons with breakthrough infection, four (1.2%) were hospitalized, and no deaths were reported.

* Of those four, three had received the J&J and two had underlying conditions.
I've seen some studies suggesting that J&J is *much* less effective with Delta.

Anyway, this certainly isn't good for the pandemic. Fuck. :(