Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

No, it's not that interesting, because that isn't a report of all cases of breakthrough infection. It's a report of all cases of breakthrough infection that involved hospitalization or death.

What is interesting is that of the 6000 reported fatal or hospitalized "breakthrough" cases reported to the CDC, 74% of them were people >= 65 years old.
Oh, right! Thank you.

The stat that doesn't make a lot of sense then is how are 20% of people hospitalized, but asymptomatic?

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Oh, right! Thank you.

The stat that doesn't make a lot of sense then is how are 20% of people hospitalized, but asymptomatic?
Yeah, that didn't make any sense to me either. Why go to the hospital if you aren't displaying symptoms?

Maybe they were hospitalized for other things.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Yeah, that didn't make any sense to me either. Why go to the hospital if you aren't displaying symptoms?

Maybe they were hospitalized for other things.
that could definitely be it, they test everybody so it could be someone in for something totally unrelated who pops positive on the swab

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I'm still WFH so it won't affect me, but fwiw my clinic is back to all masks all the time again.

how does one do phlebotomy from home.... or have you moved into analysis or soemthing?
I've been doing analysis & EMR stuff for the last 4-5 years, I'm technically in "quality" (not QA, this is specifically related to metrics around screening and chronic care) but also the de facto EMR fix-it-guy, the sole abstractor of outside records, chart corrections, etc

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I've been doing analysis & EMR stuff for the last 4-5 years, I'm technically in "quality" (not QA, this is specifically related to metrics around screening and chronic care) but also the de facto EMR fix-it-guy, the sole abstractor of outside records, chart corrections, etc
Good future proof job. Peanut did business systems based around EMR for a while.

so i was at work today and someone heard me cough and sneeze .. then my nose was running (all under my mask)
and my supervisor asked me to leave and get a covid test done

and i’m like ITS ALLERGIES YO! and i’m double vaxxed… but here we are ..

i also had an upset stomach and couldn’t keep anything down yesterday

i’m sure i’m fine but now i need a test