Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

nobody here in this thread is advocating shunning anyone for "thinking differently," they're suggesting that people who are unvaccinated by choice have chosen remaining plague vectors over participation in society.
It's some offshoot of the "FREE SPEECH fuck-off" (this position is indefensible but it isn't illegal for me to say it, therefore it is justified)

Oh boy the CDC is recommending masking up again.

Can't wait until we do another "2 week shutdown to stop the spread" for a whole fucking year and a half.

In fact, let's just do all the things that didn't work previously, maybe it'll make the difference this time!
With enough political/social will (yep, we're fucked) this could (have) all be(en) tamped down in 4-6 weeks of HARD lockdown.

That's what's truly frustrating. We could go all rah rah USA let's do something great and just get it done.

maybe if we actually did them..... they would work
My BIL just got back from 18 months in Taiwan. I was surprised to hear from him that *many* of the people there also stopped being serious about masking up after 2-3 months. Once the fines stopped, people stopped wearing them.

With enough political/social will (yep, we're fucked) this could (have) all be(en) tamped down in 4-6 weeks of HARD lockdown.

That's what's truly frustrating. We could go all rah rah USA let's do something great and just get it done.
Not really. CV19 will be with us for the next 100+ years, unless you can come up with a plan to separate every human on the planet from every other one for 3-4 weeks. Good luck!

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon and HipHugHer
But generally still high enough to prevent infection, and still about as perfect as you can get against hospitalization and death.
yeah, its roughly 1 in 100 for reinfection, and 1 in 10,000 for death in the fully vaccinated.

its way better than unvaxxed though for sure. 1 in 10,000 is about on par with statistics from dying from a bad thunderstorm. Way less common than say ... dying from riding a bike, which is 1 in 3000

• Love
Reactions: fly
yeah, its roughly 1 in 100 for reinfection, and 1 in 10,000 for death in the fully vaccinated.

its way better than unvaxxed though for sure. 1 in 10,000 is about on par with statistics from dying from a bad thunderstorm. Way less common than say ... dying from riding a bike, which is 1 in 3000
So basically, if you're exposed, you have a one in a million chance of dying.

yeah... ive been looking for the source i read since that. You're right, it doesnt seem right.

It was an infographic, a big green grid of squares with a single red square indicating infection rate, then a that single red square split into a big grid, with a single yellow square indicating deaths.

Im thinking they mighta fucked it up and i didnt fact check

You'd have to get reinfected in order to die from it so I'd figure from of that 1 per 100 first.
Meaning the other 99 didn't get infected and 9999 of the 10000 that did recovered.

yeah... ive been looking for the source i read since that. You're right, it doesnt seem right.

It was an infographic, a big green grid of squares with a single red square indicating infection rate, then a that single red square split into a big grid, with a single yellow square indicating deaths.

Im thinking they mighta fucked it up and i didnt fact check

According to this, it seems that if you get infected, the vaccine doesn't seem to help at all (1 in 5 die). Since almost all breakthroughs are from people over 65, I'd assume we're looking at people who didn't mount a proper immune response to the vaccine.

So you're saying once infected, one out of 100 fully vaccinated people die? :wtf: You sure about that?
No, he's a man with a paper ass.

According to the CDC, as of 7/19, 161 million people have been fully vaccinated in America. Out of this population there have been 5,601 breakthrough cases that have resulted in hospitalization (or .003%) of vaccinated people. Of the serious breakthrough cases that have occurred 1,141 have resulted in death (or .0007%).

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

According to this, it seems that if you get infected, the vaccine doesn't seem to help at all (1 in 5 die). Since almost all breakthroughs are from people over 65, I'd assume we're looking at people who didn't mount a proper immune response to the vaccine.
That's the hospitalized population. There isn't any data on breakthrough infections that don't require hospitalization that the CDC has released.

Not really. CV19 will be with us for the next 100+ years, unless you can come up with a plan to separate every human on the planet from every other one for 3-4 weeks. Good luck!
"Tamped down" not eradicated.

Won't happen, hardly matters since the country is doomed anyway.

Yes, but from the stats on that page its interesting that if you get infected, the vaccine seems to not matter.
No, it's not that interesting, because that isn't a report of all cases of breakthrough infection. It's a report of all cases of breakthrough infection that involved hospitalization or death.

What is interesting is that of the 6000 reported fatal or hospitalized "breakthrough" cases reported to the CDC, 74% of them were people >= 65 years old.