Ontopic FIFA World Cup 2010

A pathetic display from England saw them draw 0-0 with a poor Algeria. A US win by 2 goals could see them win the group if Slovenia only draw their last game.

A pathetic display from England saw them draw 0-0 with a poor Algeria. A US win by 2 goals could see them win the group if Slovenia only draw their last game.

Ok I'm confused. Let's say both US and England wins. Why does the US need to win by 2 to advance? Wouldn't that make the US and England both have 5 points thus advancing both teams? (Since Slovenia will stay at 4 points)

Both US and England Win. That means US and England has 5 points. Slovenia has 4 points and Algeria has 1 point
US Wins and England draws. That means Slovenia has 5 points, US has 5 points, England has 3 points and Algeria has 1 point.
US wins and England loses. That means Slovenia has 7 points, Us has 5 points, England has 2 points, and Algeria loses
Anything else is tougher, but the only way a draw advances us, is if England loses to Slovenia

(that I can see)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're in as long as we win (no matter the score) or if we draw, England has to lose or draw by less than 3 points

right?

/b/ said:
Dear world. Perhaps us Amerifags wouldn't think soccer was so gay if you guys didn't start crying like little girls every time anyone touched you.
It's seriously sickening to watch a sport full of complete pussies like this.

Jesus these people are fucking pussies. ODS, wasn't it you recently complaining about referees in some American sport? Can you explain this retarded acting these people do and how these world class refs are falling for it?

Apparently in hockey, you can penalty time for taking a dive. FIFA needs to look into rules like that, because these players and refs are making a mockery of the sport.

Jesus these people are fucking pussies. ODS, wasn't it you recently complaining about referees in some American sport? Can you explain this retarded acting these people do and how these world class refs are falling for it?

Apparently in hockey, you can penalty time for taking a dive. FIFA needs to look into rules like that, because these players and refs are making a mockery of the sport.

if you get penalized for it multiple times in a season in the NHL , you can get fined for it.

Last edited:

If you dive in soccer, if they catch you, you can be yellow carded or even red carded (ejection)