Halp ethernet

Here is the first question.

What OS are you using.

Second question

What AV?

Third question. Lower right hand corner of your desktop, by the clock (called the system tray), is there a network connectivity icon (looks like 2 pc monitors superimposed over each other). Does it have a yellow ! (exclamation point)? Does it give you any info when you mouse over it?

Fourth Question

Click on Start > Run > and type 'Command' and then enter. In the black dos box that opens, type in 'IPCONFIG'. What does that say?

You type out "command" instead of just "cmd"?

On the back of the modem, there is a cord that connect the modem to the wall, usually it's black in colour. Pull it out of the wall, count to 20, plug it back in, count to 60, see if it works. If not, you'll need to get someone to come look at it.

Win95 wasn't great, but I'd take it anyday over trying to get win3.x connected to a network.

I can remember when we got our DX2-66 finally connected to the internet, there were 7 men standing around trying to figure it out for 5 hours on a saturday. I was too young to know what was going on, but it's funny now think back at it.

I can remember having to right scripts in text files for the modem to follow. I dunno. I was 12.

I can remember when we got our DX2-66 finally connected to the internet, there were 7 men standing around trying to figure it out for 5 hours on a saturday. I was too young to know what was going on, but it's funny now think back at it.

I can remember having to right scripts in text files for the modem to follow. I dunno. I was 12.

I was working for MCI when Win 3.11 was reigning champion (and... ugh.. OS2. UGH). It was when the first of the thinkpads were coming out too with their damn PCMCIA cards. A metric fuckton of drivers had to be installed (lol using AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS), and they were using Token Ring networks.

I'm gonna have nightmares about this tonight now.