Thread Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

Thanks for at least producing something. Though it gives an idea, it really doesn't show enough detail to educate me on how many people are in jail or have been in jail for possession of marijuana.

I asked my pals at NORML and they said that such a document doesn't currently exist because unfortunately records like that aren't kept very well by every state or even most states. They lump marijuana in with all drugs so it's more difficult to determine.

I asked my pals at NORML and they said that such a document doesn't currently exist because unfortunately records like that aren't kept very well by every state or even most states. They lump marijuana in with all drugs so it's more difficult to determine.

That's pretty bad.

Well, other than for the purposes of this debate it isn't very useful so nobody bothers. Certainly the prison system doesn't want marijuana to be legalized.

Not useful? No one ever needs to know exactly why someone is incarcerated? IMO, that's morally wrong.

There are records so you can look up a specific person or specific case, just no compiled data and statistics for this particular piece of information.

If the records are out there then I'm sure someone has compiled it. Especially these days with the pro marijuana movement. We probably just can't find it right now.

Oh yeah, and fuck those people. I asked to be taken off their mailing list and they STILL mail me shit. Next time you talk to them, let them know that's how you lose donators.

Thanks for at least producing something. Though it gives an idea, it really doesn't show enough detail to educate me on how many people are in jail or have been in jail for possession of marijuana.
I looked more, just to see. Im going kinda blind looking at tables. I found felony offenses, but again with the caveat that most simple possession charges aren't felonies.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/fssc06st.pdf

According to that, out of 1,132,290 total convictions 165,360 were for felony possession of any drug. That's 14.6% of all crimes. Out of them, only 63% were sentenced to incarceration. Only 35% of them had possession as their most serious offense. Violent crimes still make up >50% of all felony convictions.

This is pretty interesting site too. http://www.albany.edu/sourcebook/

Oh yeah, and fuck those people. I asked to be taken off their mailing list and they STILL mail me shit. Next time you talk to them, let them know that's how you lose donators.

I'm honestly with you here. I still have friends who work with them, but I am no longer one of them. Talk about disorganized. Ugh. If they are spearheading this movement to legalize pot we are never going to win. Bunch of fucking stoners....

I'm glad ZRH is back :heart:

Me too!

I'm honestly with you here. I still have friends who work with them, but I am no longer one of them. Talk about disorganized. Ugh. If they are spearheading this movement to legalize pot we are never going to win. Bunch of fucking stoners....
I'm making a 'like duh' face but you can't see it.

attachment.php