Halp deeeeetroit!!

RIT is in Henrietta, which is pretty blah. It's nicer than Albany these days.

that's not saying much. there's a reason I haven't been back since the 90's. pretty much everyone I grew up with split that shithole as well.

that's not saying much. there's a reason I haven't been back since the 90's. pretty much everyone I grew up with split that shithole as well.
That was over 10 years ago. True story. I'm not a particular fan of Monroe county, it's just centrally located to Toronto - NYC axis and wayyyyy nicer than Buffalo.

They are like equidistant from MD cept one is across a whole lake. o_O

Waterloo, NY is birthplace of Memorial Day. In a completely unrelated fact.

Rochester is like 355 miles from Maryland. Waterloo, ON is like 180 miles from Rochester driving. I'm not sure how that's equidistant.

I think it's a Canadian law not US.

Why would Canada care if someone went to work in the US for a day on rare occasion?

Rochester is like 355 miles from Maryland. Waterloo, ON is like 180 miles from Rochester driving. I'm not sure how that's equidistant.

Why would Canada care if someone went to work in the US for a day on rare occasion?
80 miles difference ish. I was ball parking it. You said Waterloo was closer to MD though, that's what I didn't understand.

80 miles difference ish. I was ball parking it. You said Waterloo was closer to MD though, that's what I didn't understand.

Math much? It's about 175 miles difference. Have you had your Wheaties yet today? You aren't usually like this. What I meant was that I couldn't understand why hubby would have to cover this office despite the fact that there are people much closer who could do it. Turns out he doesn't have to anyway. They gave it to the idiot kid in Boston.

Math much? It's about 175 miles difference. Have you had your Wheaties yet today? You aren't usually like this. What I meant was that I couldn't understand why hubby would have to cover this office despite the fact that there are people much closer who could do it. Turns out he doesn't have to anyway. They gave it to the idiot kid in Boston.
82 miles difference measured on orthodromes from baltimore intl to the respective airports of the other cities.

82 miles difference measured on orthodromes from baltimore intl to the respective airports of the other cities.

See, I used google maps based on what I was actually talking about rather than what you thought I was talking about and I used the town I actually live in rather than a place that is 30 minutes from me.

See, I used google maps based on what I was actually talking about rather than what you thought I was talking about and I used the town I actually live in rather than a place that is 30 minutes from me.
There is only one shortest path across the surface of a oblate spheroid.

Where I measured from is irrelevant as long as I used the same location in MD to compute the distance to both locations [because the distance from any other location in MD will be the difference of the locations in MD to the respective destinations].

Last edited: