Halp deeeeetroit!!

I think Dan just became responsible for an office in Rochester and will have to travel there occasionally despite the fact that Waterloo, Canada (the headquarters) is sooo much closer.

ya, but there's probably weird laws about sending Canadians for work into the US

I think Dan just became responsible for an office in Rochester and will have to travel there occasionally despite the fact that Waterloo, Canada (the headquarters) is sooo much closer.
They are like equidistant from MD cept one is across a whole lake. o_O

Waterloo, NY is birthplace of Memorial Day. In a completely unrelated fact.

That is always the biggest pain. We got to the point when we had to send folks north they just say they are on vacation vs. there for work.

It's worse when you work for the government. They won't even let me take training courses in the US because I'd need a speshul passport.

is that you guys or us or both

dunno. But technically, a training course is fro work, and since I work for the feds, I would need a special, non-diplomatic passport that I would trade in my regular passport for. then trade back when i return. it's really just a pain in the ass, so they just say "no US travel".

I know when we go to Canada we had to have copies of contracts, statements of work, a written explanation why someone from Canada couldn't do it etc. Actually come to think of it most countries I go to for work are that way. The Caribbean countries are by far the worst to get into for work.