Thread Cool Things The Pope says

936650_186210418195375_387361309_n.jpg

You've never even said you were Catholic. You do realize that MOST Christians in the US are protestant. You realize "protestant" is literally people who AREN'T PART OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

IT WOULD LITERALLY SHOCK ME MORE IF YOU KNEW CATECHISM THAN IF YOU DIDN'T.
I'm not Christian either.

is there any purpose in knowing about religion
The observable universe (from earth, dont question this your reference frame changes the observable size because physics) is sphere with a radius of ~46 billion light years.

My point being of course that your (albeit rhetorical) question is stupid. I can turn any non-closed utilitarian argument into a solipsism.

The observable universe (from earth, dont question this your reference frame changes the observable size because physics) is sphere with a radius of ~46 billion light years.

My point being of course that your (albeit rhetorical) question is stupid. I can turn any non-closed utilitarian argument into a solipsism.

so.. no?

COLOUR ME SHOCKED

THEN WHY THE FUCK WOULD WE EXPECT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT WHAT THE POPE SAYS
Get off your high horse sir.

Just because people aren't Catholic, doesn't mean they don't listen to what the Pope does say. I cannot tell you how many people said shit about the previous pope (rightly so in many ways) who weren't Catholic.

People care because he's a religious leader of one of the largest religions in the world, even if they don't believe in that form of Christianity or Christianity at all.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee and Petunia
The only importance anything has is the importance you personally assign to it.

Also:
Apologetics (defense of religious philosophy, in the classical greek 'categoria' is the prosecution 'apologia' is the defense) relies heavily on the Socratic method. On which is based the "Scientific method". Platonic philosophy, i.e. platonic realism, i.e. that things "exist" is also essential to most theology courses.

Get off your high horse sir.

Just because people aren't Catholic, doesn't mean they don't listen to what the Pope does say. I cannot tell you how many people said shit about the previous pope (rightly so in many ways) who weren't Catholic.

People care because he's a religious leader of one of the largest religions in the world, even if they don't believe in that form of Christianity or Christianity at all.
If you had bothered to read what my response was in regards to, he said he "DIDN'T" as in "DID NOT" pay attention to what the Pope said. Implication being that there was an expectation he did, or verbal diarrhea. I was merely pointing out the ABSURDITY in ANYONE assuming that someone in the UNITED FUCKING STATES OF AMERICA, A COUNTRY HISTORICALLY HOSTILE TO CATHOLICS to "LISTEN" to THE POPE.

Do you care what the Archbishop of Canterbury says? Do you even KNOW WHO IT IS.

I do, but I DONT FUCKING CARE BECAUSE IM NOT ANGLICAN.

If you had bothered to read what my response was in regards to, he said he "DIDN'T" as in "DID NOT" pay attention to what the Pope said. Implication being that there was an expectation he did, or verbal diarrhea. I was merely pointing out the ABSURDITY in ANYONE assuming that someone in the UNITED FUCKING STATES OF AMERICA, A COUNTRY HISTORICALLY HOSTILE TO CATHOLICS to "LISTEN" to THE POPE.

Do you care what the Archbishop of Canterbury says? Do you even KNOW WHO IT IS.

I do, but I DONT FUCKING CARE BECAUSE IM NOT ANGLICAN.

dude shut the fuck up
seriously

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear and Duke
Just curious what the point of posting this page?

If you think that the US hasn't been hostile towards Catholics, you are somewhat mistaken. In some regions of the US Catholics are the majority. Where I live, we are not. My mom was even fired simply because she was Catholic (they found out she went to a Catholic HS and fired her). There is a lot of mistrust in the US of Catholics and some do believe that if we ever elect another Catholic president that we'll force the Pope on you all. JFK dealt with that.

That said, Catholics are not the only religion shit upon here. Won't be the last either. It's not near as bad a it used to be, but I still hear shit from some people and claim we're evil Devil worshippers. Whatever...

Just curious what the point of posting this page?

If you think that the US hasn't been hostile towards Catholics, you are somewhat mistaken. In some regions of the US Catholics are the majority. Where I live, we are not. My mom was even fired simply because she was Catholic (they found out she went to a Catholic HS and fired her). There is a lot of mistrust in the US of Catholics and some do believe that if we ever elect another Catholic president that we'll force the Pope on you all. JFK dealt with that.

That said, Catholics are not the only religion shit upon here. Won't be the last either. It's not near as bad a it used to be, but I still hear shit from some people and claim we're evil Devil worshippers. Whatever...
Posted that solely to counter ZRH's "no american would listen to the pope, that's absurd" statement, with "uh, 25% might"

I'm on the opposite side of the coin. I was baptized anglican, but grew up in a town where the only school was a catholic school, run by the catholic school board. One of my earliest childhood memories is when the nun I had for a grade 2 teacher stood me up in the front of class and told everyone I was going to hell because I was anglican. And I'm in fucking grade 2, I don't know anything, I assume everything teachers say is right and got sent home bawling...

my whole family is damned to hell on my mothers side. Catholic church told my grandfather (catholic) that if he married my grandmother (protestant) that not only would they both go to hell, but all their children would as well.

They later made some "Exception" that if the kids went to catholic church, they wouldnt go to hell.

Posted that solely to counter ZRH's "no american would listen to the pope, that's absurd" statement, with "uh, 25% might"

I'm on the opposite side of the coin. I was baptized anglican, but grew up in a town where the only school was a catholic school, run by the catholic school board. One of my earliest childhood memories is when the nun I had for a grade 2 teacher stood me up in the front of class and told everyone I was going to hell because I was anglican. And I'm in fucking grade 2, I don't know anything, I assume everything teachers say is right and got sent home bawling...

I went to Catholic school as well and in our "all other religions are going to hell" classes about world religion, I asked the question you were given the answer to. Fuck that shit right in the choir boy. Scumbags.