Thread Cool Things The Pope says

Also, I separated myself from religion once I became old enough to really understand some of the songs they forced us to sing back when I was in a Lutheran school.

Songs like:

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to him belong
They are weak but he is strong.

Essentially, as a kid, I'm worthless and weak without Jesus.

Bitch, I'm a strong motherfucker.

And if anyone ever makes my kid sing that song, I will punch them in the throat.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
im 5 years deep into buddhism and i absolutely love it, it makes sense to me. it fits with ME and my way of life..

when that dude was standing there saying we would better people if accepted god MORE into our lives i was like WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP YO!!

children will be happier
children will ave better lives
they will make better decisions

huh?

no. i don't want my child getting that sort of brainwash in his brains. no thanks
I know what you mean. Churches are grasping for members these days, the things they say seem so over the top in a desperate maneuver. They are still businesses that need tithing to stand. :/

You do you.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
And that's one of the main reasons I denounced my Christianity.
And the dude (priest? Deacon? Father?) Was sooooo intense and dramatic like he was sweating and shouting.

Again. Everyone is free to worship what gets them thru the day but fak why is this dude telling me I'm a horrible human for not going to mass once a week.
Way to be judgy

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and APRIL
THIIIIIIS IS WHAT I WALKED AWAY WITH LAST NIGHT FROM CHURCH. I'm not ok with this
not just that, but specifically that you need to go to Mass. It just seems silly for that to be a requirement. If you believe, and you pray, and you trust in God or whatever, why do you NEED to show up once a week to prove it?

I'm not religious these days, but I was raised in the Episcopal church, and while I did go to church (and was an acolyte for a while), there was never any of that there. If somebody was there one week and we didn't see them again for a month or two, our only concern was if anything bad had caused the absence (e.g. health issues), not because we needed their asses in the seats but because they genuinely cared about each other. I don't believe in God, but you'd have to believe in a very petty God to believe that you have to go to his house once a week to prove your devotion to him.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
And the dude (priest? Deacon? Father?) Was sooooo intense and dramatic like he was sweating and shouting.

Again. Everyone is free to worship what gets them thru the day but fak why is this dude telling me I'm a horrible human for not going to mass once a week.
Way to be judgy
I hate when this happens, but sooooo many churches are just like this.

My old one would include that shit on Christmas & Easter. & All the "Creasters" would get reminded why they only go 2x a year.

Where I go now, The Pastor (who is really cool/non judgy) beams on Christmas & Easter that the church is so full. He welcomes the 'new faces.' At this place, "church" is such a small part of the whole operation.

all that talk about how he can see what's in your heart or whatever, then he could see if you were a true believer or not, and whether you can get to church or not has no bearing on that.

honestly it's probably about tithing/offerings.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Ledboots
all that talk about how he can see what's in your heart or whatever, then he could see if you were a true believer or not, and whether you can get to church or not has no bearing on that.

honestly it's probably about tithing/offerings.
Yes, the tithing and also about the children, getting the next generation to adhere. @Maureen experienced some of the Parent Guilt that they heap on you.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia and APRIL
What happened to the omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient God?

Is the Pope going to continue to change the rules for his religion and "evolve" to keep up with popular opinion so Catholicism can stay relevant with the dying breed to worshippers?

If that's the case, it's only a matter of time until religion is extinct.

Just went back and read this...

Catholicism is nowhere near a dying of fading religion.
It's huge huge huge in Europe and south/central Americas etc.
It's a way of life. It's the norm there. Millions of People literally devote their lives to their religion.

I get that you're a little sheltered in terms of being exposed to life outside of the US of A but just because a few people with in your reach have collectively shouted "eeww Catholics" I promise you that this religion is nowhere near becoming extinct.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Just went back and read this...

Catholicism is nowhere near a dying of fading religion.
It's huge huge huge in Europe and south/central Americas etc.
It's a way of life. It's the norm there. Millions of People literally devote their lives to their religion.

I get that you're a little sheltered in terms of being exposed to life outside of the US of A but just because a few people with in your reach have collectively shouted "eeww Catholics" I promise you that this religion is nowhere near becoming extinct.
Of course no where near, but it's definitely on the decline.

Cat laser blessing eyes gotchooooo!!!

0e2739b48fb8ce3cade8412e08f3a449.jpg

Bless you mew child

omG* this thread is making me lol
@ZRH going ham on everyone

And wtf @ this! I don't recall posting this

In the US maybe... that's it.
Cuz you guys are fakd
I think the US is only the 4th largest population of Catholics too. Over all I did double check and the world Catholic population is up to 1.229 billion last year from 1.045 billion in 2010 and just as a reference 653.6 million in 1970. Over all percentage of Catholics in the world population though as always been 17 or 18% in that time frame (1970-2014). The thing that is steadily decreasing are those in religious orders.