Hawt Cool Camping Trip Idea

those are real wolves. Like eat you wolves. Not pansy north american wolves.
Na man, there are no pansy wolves, they're hardcore. The ones in himachal, there must have been 6 or 7, they were all black, little bigger than the tibetan mastiffs but way more sleek. They had cornered a couple of goats.

Na man, there are no pansy wolves, they're hardcore. The ones in himachal, there must have been 6 or 7, they were all black, little bigger than the tibetan mastiffs but way more sleek. They had cornered a couple of goats.

"Sleek"? Holy fuck Adi youre gay.

Hmm. I was thinking of a roadtrip to KY or TN for the solar eclipse next year. Then travel to some dark skies nearby in WV, IDA approved dark skies that is. I have my telescope. Probably will have 2 or 3 more scopes by then. (telescope fever)
Really would like to get a solar scope for the eclipse but they're goddamn expensive for a proper double-stacked setup (like $2000 easy). My friend locally has one. It's awesome. Can see granulation on the surface of the sun and solar flares & prominences. Was out last Saturday checking out the Sun between clouds.

related note: I'm probably going to the tip (just the tip) of Eastern Maine this weekend to do some stargazing with a couple of other astronomy clubs. Really dark skies there so I'm told. Next month is the big show though, Acadia Night Sky Festival on Cadillac Mtn and elsewhere on MDI. Ya'll should come up for that! Acadia National Park is the best.

Hmm. I was thinking of a roadtrip to KY or TN for the solar eclipse next year. Then travel to some dark skies nearby in WV, IDA approved dark skies that is. I have my telescope. Probably will have 2 or 3 more scopes by then. (telescope fever)
Really would like to get a solar scope for the eclipse but they're goddamn expensive for a proper double-stacked setup (like $2000 easy). My friend locally has one. It's awesome. Can see granulation on the surface of the sun and solar flares & prominences. Was out last Saturday checking out the Sun between clouds.

related note: I'm probably going to the tip (just the tip) of Eastern Maine this weekend to do some stargazing with a couple of other astronomy clubs. Really dark skies there so I'm told. Next month is the big show though, Acadia Night Sky Festival on Cadillac Mtn and elsewhere on MDI. Ya'll should come up for that! Acadia National Park is the best.
This is awesome, ask of it

Not what I was referring to. You can see in a later post but anyone who's actually killed an animal in a park has had some massive legal issues.

YPmCk7K.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Duke
Not what I was referring to. You can see in a later post but anyone who's actually killed an animal in a park has had some massive legal issues.
Maybe. Every park I've backpacked in though I've called the ranger station ahead of time to ask questions about and I always ask about carrying. The response is always the same, "I never go out unarmed".

I've had run ins with black bears a few times in Wisconsin and once in Oklahoma. one ran right up on me, looked at me funny, barked, and that was it. Another time we were following one down a trail, never saw it but kept finding fresh footprints and bear shit. It just kept heading away from us, we eventually turned and set up camp.

I've also been out when an active wolf pack was in the area, and that was actually awesome to listen too all night.

Wild boars are actually my concern when backpacking though, they are the reason I carry. For bears I just put ammonia out around camp now, they stay away.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke

I used my first real telescope like two months ago and saw Jupiter. It was fucking jawdropping.