Hawt Cool Camping Trip Idea

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,362
So, in 354 days, on August 17, 2017, the US will have a total solar eclipse cut a broad swath across the US, starting in Charleston and running an arc up through Oregon.

See the basics here

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016...tunning-solar-eclipse-darkens-middle-america/

The map

UY44eFl.jpg

So, I'm thinking

Camping Trip, Grand Tetons (directly in the path of the eclipse.) - catch the eclipse during the day, and get an amazing view of the western high altitiude night sky complete with the tail end of the persied meteor shower as well as some amazing views of the Milky Way. And maybe, just maybe, if we're really lucky, the Northern Lights as well.

(examples of the Milky way as seen from the Grand Tetons below)

oD3orN7.jpg

ieoNSaz.jpg

tMFNfF6.jpg

so. who's in?

PS camping, bitches, non of this 'omg outdoors ewwww I need a cabin' bullshit.

We'd love to do this... weird you made this thread. I was planning out a camping trip that was for star gazing for @fly's birthday this morning.

Surprise ruined! :fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Duke
We'd love to do this... weird you made this thread. I was planning out a camping trip that was for star gazing for @fly's birthday this morning.

Surprise ruined! :fly:

So, you'd be up for a road trip to Wyoming for this? Really, because I'm serious about wanting to do this. There won't be another eclipse of quality for a while. And I figure, a year is more than enough time to coordinate this shit and plan ahead.

So, you'd be up for a road trip to Wyoming for this? Really, because I'm serious about wanting to do this. There won't be another eclipse of quality for a while. And I figure, a year is more than enough time to coordinate this shit and plan ahead.
@fly

Driving out there? Ehhh....

Our friends did a backpacking trip through there and the equipment can be flown out there since its... mostly in a backpack. Driving sounds horrible though, I already bitch about having to drive down the south Tampa for shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
@fly

Our friends did a backpacking trip through there and the equipment can be flown out there since its... mostly in a backpack. Driving sounds horrible though, I already bitch about having to drive down the south Tampa for shit.

im confused as to why driving would be necessary. Its not car camping.

@fly

I was thinking if we had enough people, just rent a couple minivans and make an adventure of it.

I'm pretty sure we can find some WOBS you bitches haven't been to yet along the way.

im confused as to why driving would be necessary. Its not car camping.

Sure, we 'could' fly out there, but adding the expense of all the extra gear, and then just having to rent cars out there anyway.. Just figured it logistically would be easier and probably save a couple hundred.

I was thinking if we had enough people, just rent a couple minivans and make an adventure of it.

I'm pretty sure we can find some WOBS you bitches haven't been to yet along the way.
We always tossed the idea of renting an RV with a group of people and doing a road trip that way.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony