Complete Blog Thread

vs. renting which is monies you will never see again?...it's a great investment when looked at that way ;)

True, but renting is cheaper, and the difference in a good index fund = better investment.

(Although the above is true, I'm just being argumentative cause Im bored.)

I understand that stuff. Its the "moves" that this TV show conveys, its just ridiculous. I would laugh at anyone who pulled the moves they are teaching in that show... any woman would.

I think you are completely wrong here, the show is teaching them how to open a conversation. It really does not matter what you open with or what you are saying it is the way you say it. I have literally seen "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?" as an opening and it work out fine. It is all on getting your foot in the door so you can at least talk to the person. I give that show much love for showing people, who do not know, how to open up a conversation. Being yourself and relaxed is 90% of the trouble most people have IMO.

I think you are completely wrong here, the show is teaching them how to open a conversation. It really does not matter what you open with or what you are saying it is the way you say it. I have literally seen "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?" as an opening and it work out fine. It is all on getting your foot in the door so you can at least talk to the person. I give that show much love for showing people, who do not know, how to open up a conversation. Being yourself and relaxed is 90% of the trouble most people have IMO.

On the show the head guy was teaching one of the dudes this trick to get into a chicks pants.

He had him hold his hands together with the index fingers up and said this mantra that makes you close your fingers together and say something along the lines of 'we will always be together just like that'

my eyes hurt from rolling so much.

There is also a difference between sensible and showoff. You have a tuned vette and are looking for an awesome pad. That would be showoff. A miata and 800 sq ft pad without a pool would be sensible.

Similar to what the OP is requesting, sensible date ideas for a tight budget. Of course if the OP was more sensible in general he wouldn't have this issue in the first place....

:heart:

that's relative...my lifestyle is very sensible compared to how most of my family lives and how I was raised

True, but renting is cheaper, and the difference in a good index fund = better investment.

(Although the above is true, I'm just being argumentative cause Im bored.)

I already have close to 15% of my income going to fidelity funds

On the show the head guy was teaching one of the dudes this trick to get into a chicks pants.

He had him hold his hands together with the index fingers up and said this mantra that makes you close your fingers together and say something along the lines of 'we will always be together just like that'

my eyes hurt from rolling so much.

I dont really watch the show but from the episode(s) I saw they were honestly just trying to help these "dorks" learn how to be more open but in a non creepy way. To me this is a win/win situation for everyone, including the women.

You all can bite me about my financial situation :fly:

I live in a beautiful almost 2000 sq foot apartment, make a normal paycheck for less work then everyone I know. fuckers :p

So I dont SAVE money and I enjoy using it to ensure I have fun and enjoy myself while I am still "young". Most of you forget that you are 10+ years older than me, fuckin old farts saving your monies for houses and shit. :D

You are less than 18? :drool:

vs. renting which is monies you will never see again?...it's a great investment when looked at that way ;)

We have gone over the numbers already. Including home maintainance costs, it costs $40K MORE buying than renting over 30 years.

my car has only been in the shop due to accidents, not from mechanical problems...I literally drive that car like I stole it though...miatas are slow POS's in comparison and even suggesting the two are vaguely close is ridiculous :p

Again I ask, how often do you race in Le Mans? AutoX even? How often do you go over 85mph? How often will you do that when you will have less than 2 mile commute? How much more is your insurance for driving a vette than something else? How much more was it to purchase? How much more is it in premium gas? And more gas?

Just because a car has more potential than another does not make it any better.

that's relative...my lifestyle is very sensible compared to how most of my family lives and how I was raised

This is true, it is all relative. As long as you have a nice retirement plan in place, seeing as though you are retiring soon you old fart, then live life to the fullest!! :heart:

Again I ask, how often do you race in Le Mans? AutoX even? How often do you go over 85mph? How often will you do that when you will have less than 2 mile commute? How much more is your insurance for driving a vette than something else? How much more was it to purchase? How much more is it in premium gas? And more gas?

Just because a car has more potential than another does not make it any better.

how many times do I have to tell you, I drive the shit out of it...I see over 100mph on the highway more than once a week and I've had it up to 140+...I break the backend loose on highway on ramps just for shits all the time...I enjoy the car for what it is and that's the reason I bought it...you can say what you think happened but I know why I bought it...I'm a car fiend and I have been since I was a small kid...whole room was plastered in ferrari, porsche, lambo, etc. posters

how many times do I have to tell you, I drive the shit out of it...I see over 100mph on the highway more than once a week and I've had it up to 140+...I break the backend loose on highway on ramps just for shits all the time...I enjoy the car for what it is and that's the reason I bought it...you can say what you think happened but I know why I bought it...I'm a car fiend and I have been since I was a small kid...whole room was plastered in ferrari, porsche, lambo, etc. posters

I guess I am still stunned because you drive the car like it was meant to be driven. No one else I know drives their porsches or bmws like that. I think it is a terrible sin to own a Lambo or Ferrari and never get off of city streets to open it up like it was meant to be.

I am still having issues mastering driving a manual Honda :fly:

I guess I am still stunned because you drive the car like it was meant to be driven. No one else I know drives their porsches or bmws like that. I think it is a terrible sin to own a Lambo or Ferrari and never get off of city streets to open it up like it was meant to be.

I am still having issues mastering driving a manual Honda :fly:

Kinda like how Hummer is a joke SUV now?

Exactly. If you are not running an H2 through sand dunes or 3 ft water holes, carrying machine guns in the cargo bay GTFO.

There was this one by our old work that was a brand new Hummer(5 years ago) that had a machine gun mounted to the top of it, as an every day driver :fly:. I figure it was fake otherwise there is no way in hell he could legally have a machine gun attached to his truck but it looked real enough. Honestly, it was pretty tight and ALWAYS dirty, at least he knew what they are suppose to be used for :fly:

there's a guy here at work that has two of these and drives one in once in a while wearing tank goggles with his head popped out the front hatch :lol:

UKmk2fer-1.jpg

ok, late to the thread here, but i obviously don't care.

beerad, who cares when you set the date? give her a call, get to know her, set a date for next week. she doesn't have to have ANY reason for why it's next week.
and why would you want to go all extravagant on a date early on? you don't have a lot of money, why act like it? save the big date for down the road, when you are REALLY into her and want to splurge -- once. don't do it on the first or second date just to try to be showy. there are plenty of things people do together that are cheap, simple and real. she won't remember the places you did or didn't go if the relationship has flare. she'll remember YOU.

now, what is so wrong for simply wanting and owning a car that is fucktastic? if i could do it, i sure would. i LOVE to drive and would LOVE a swank car for none other than myself. comparing a corvette to a miada? what. the. fuck.

and finally, go buy a house and quit flushing money and then take more money and invest it.

:D