Thread Civil Rights Act

The Civil Rights Act's purpose was to outlaw unequal application of voter registration requirements and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public. Affirmative action was used very shortly after the signing of the Act to get businesses and schools to integrate sooner.

Do you think affirmative action's purpose is finished?

Affirmative action is not required today. Just keener oversight and accountability..

You're just too slow :heart:

It's hard to be fast when you have to explain each post you make on a 3rd grade level.

And hey. You know I stand with the homosexuals on equality rights. I was just trying to explain this situations for the blacks, not discredit the hardship homosexuals have had in their fight for equal rights.

You know what else I hate? Dirty kids. Especially kids with dirty faces and/or crusty noses/mouths. Who lets their kids run around like that? It's embarrassing.

We should make a law that says everyone should keep their kids clean because I don't like seeing dirty kids.

It's hard to be fast when you have to explain each post you make on a 3rd grade level.

And hey. You know I stand with the homosexuals on equality rights. I was just trying to explain this situations for the blacks, not discredit the hardship homosexuals have had in their fight for equal rights.

Agreed. Finding all of those links to keep disproving you is taking quite a bit of my time.

You know what else I hate? Dirty kids. Especially kids with dirty faces and/or crusty noses/mouths. Who lets their kids run around like that? It's embarrassing.

We should make a law that says everyone should keep their kids clean because I don't like seeing dirty kids.

Well you can call them in for negligent parenting and get them arrested for endangering their children (what kind of conditions would those kids be living in making them that dirty/nasty). That's one solution.

The Civil Rights Act was for citizens of any race, gender,ethnicity, or religious affiliation. Does that mean because churches are private businesses a church can't kick me out if I don't believe in what they believe?

The Civil Rights Act's purpose was to outlaw unequal application of voter registration requirements and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public. Affirmative action was used very shortly after the signing of the Act to get businesses and schools to integrate sooner.

Do you think affirmative action's purpose is finished?

I don't think affirmative action is needed anymore. By still using it you're indicating that the assigned person is not always the most qualified for the job which doesn't send the right message. It continues the race cycle. The only way to end racism is to slowly phase it out in our children. It is largely a learned behavior.

I don't think affirmative action is needed anymore. By still using it you're indicating that the assigned person is not always the most qualified for the job which doesn't send the right message. It continues the race cycle. The only way to end racism is to slowly phase it out in our children. It is largely a learned behavior.

I agree with this.

How do you teach your kid that everyone deserves equal treatment with one breath while in the other trying to explain to them that while they do the same job as the kid next door, the kid next door is going to be getting preferential treament because of his race and this is racism but it's okay because it's legal...

I'm less racist than my father or grandfather was. I hope my son is less racist than I am. I try to see people as they are as individuals but I still mess up at times. That doesn't make me a bad person because I actively try not to be racist and 99% of the time I succeed. I make extra care to never ever say anything negative around my son and make my dad hold his tongue when around my son. I want him to form his own opinions in time and not be hindered by anyone else's misconceptions.

Considering I'm related to George Wallace I think I'm doing all right. Actually George in his later years did a 180 on race relations.

Last edited: