Thread Civil Rights Act

I disagree. Being Hispanic, I hear all the time what people say towards whites. Espescially when whites are in Mexican restaurants. It's amazing the amount of shit I hear because they don't realize I can speak Spanish.

Also, you're saying racism has decreased. I'm disagreeing because I also get to hear the racism towards blacks AND whites from Hispanics. I get to experience the racism towards Hispanics from whites AND blacks. It's all there. Just not as visible as the policing of it in terms of crimes is more swift and easily caught.

OMG! THey say bad things? WOW! That's terrible!

:waw:

Saying racist things isn't a crime. Holding someone back from a job, renting a house, playing in a sports team, etc, because of their race is real racism. You can hate white people all day long, yet if you never hold a white person back, then who cares?

And you guys call me a hippie..

Unhealthy hate? I don't see it that way at all. I'm not plotting violence or any kind of sabotage towards the US. I just simply want to leave and never come back. Right now, as you are fully aware of, I'm kind of stuck given my current situation.

My hate for America is not making me want to give up my family to get out of here.

Unhealthy hate? Nope.

I'm a total hippie, but hate and negativity are things I prefer not to have in my daily life. Your hate for america consumes your posts here.

OMG! THey say bad things? WOW! That's terrible!

:waw:
Saying racist things isn't a crime. Holding someone back from a job, renting a house, playing in a sports team, etc, because of their race is real racism. You can hate white people all day long, yet if you never hold a white person back, then who cares?

In before zengirl comes in and talks about white people not getting jobs they're qualified for simply due to affirmitive action.

And who's ready to join fly, april, coqui, and chikken and turn this country back in time to the racist cesspool it once was?

I think this would have happened anyway, and if done organically probably would have been much more effective and a lot less angst from people negatively affected by the CRA.

Again, Australia didn't have a Civil Rights Act did it? I assume it isn't a racist cesspool...

In before zengirl comes in and talks about white people not getting jobs they're qualified for simply due to affirmitive action.

Affirmative action is a load of bullshit. But the amount of reverse racism, even due to affirmative action, still does not come close to that minorities receive in this country.

I disagree. Being Hispanic, I hear all the time what people say towards whites. Espescially when whites are in Mexican restaurants. It's amazing the amount of shit I hear because they don't realize I can speak Spanish.

Also, you're saying racism has decreased. I'm disagreeing because I also get to hear the racism towards blacks AND whites from Hispanics. I get to experience the racism towards Hispanics from whites AND blacks. It's all there. Just not as visible as the policing of it in terms of crimes is more swift and easily caught.
the most racist thing I've heard in a mexican restaurant was in regards to seeing a "white" guy (yours truly) with a black girl.

fortunately those flautas were too delicious to ignore so I didn't really care

Affirmative action is a load of bullshit. But the amount of reverse racism, even due to affirmative action, still does not come close to that minorities receive in this country.

I will give you a hundred dollars if you can reliably quantify said amounts of racism and support in any way that it "does not come close".

I think this would have happened anyway, and if done organically probably would have been much more effective and a lot less angst from people negatively affected by the CRA.

Again, Australia didn't have a Civil Rights Act did it? I assume it isn't a racist cesspool...

Australia is different. I'm not just saying that. It is different.

We have much less people than you guys. We never had slavery unless you count the convicts as slaves, but even then that doesn't include racism.

We've had problems with the Abo's, and we are still working to correct those problems. We never had problems like there was over here, and thus never needed a huge movement like there was here.

Australians are racist. Lookup Cronulla riots.. That was only a few years ago..