Thread Civil Rights Act

What are you talking about?

I have to prove that these black teenagers received a lot of racism because that committed a race motivated murder. If I don't, my argument of blacks receiving much more racism than whites is invalid?

Are you sniffing paint?

No you're crying about black on white violence/racism is justified because of what happened to them. I'm saying these teenagers haven't received any racism that would justify any violence towards a white person.

You asked if it was comparable to the racism they received. I'm merely stating that yes.....it's 100% comparable to the racism they've receied because they didn't have to deal with what occurred in the 60's Hell anyone 40 or under hasn't received the racism you mention as justifiable for their actions towards white people.

Just sixty years ago there were separate water fountains. You better give Americans credit for turning around the apparent racism that quickly. While racism is still alive and kicking, the violence has been subdued for the most part. I doubt any country has been able to be that successful towards hate. Your American hate is getting really old. It's all you talk about. Your hate is no different than the racism we talk about here.

And if you say Australia does not have racism you are delirious.

omfg..

I've been doing that this entire thread!.........

wow...

No one is trying to justify it. I'm just saying that the amount of racism today is no where near the amount of racism this country saw pre 1964.

And I'm disagreeing with you because you're only taking into account white on minority racism, and not the reverse end. You're blowing off reverse racism as justifiable for something that happened 46 years ago.

Who's ready to join ODS' hippy commune where he completely gets rid of hate and we call all be just as happy as he is?!?!?!

And who's ready to join fly, april, coqui, and chikken and turn this country back in time to the racist cesspool it once was?

No you're crying about black on white violence/racism is justified because of what happened to them. I'm saying these teenagers haven't received any racism that would justify any violence towards a white person.

You asked if it was comparable to the racism they received. I'm merely stating that yes.....it's 100% comparable to the racism they've receied because they didn't have to deal with what occurred in the 60's Hell anyone 40 or under hasn't received the racism you mention as justifiable for their actions towards white people.

I'm not justifying anything..

Right now as we sit here chatting, there is probably more than twice as much racism being received by black than whites. Same for asians, and definitely latinos.

And I'm disagreeing with you because you're only taking into account white on minority racism, and not the reverse end. You're blowing off reverse racism as justifiable for something that happened 46 years ago.

I'm not making it justifiable AT ALL!!!!

I'm saying the amount of racism whites receive is irrelevant. The amounts of racism whites receive is dwarfed by that of which other races receive.

I'm just saying that you have a strong, perhaps unhealthy, hate for this country.

Not everyone has that much hate for something. The word hate rarely, if at all, ever comes out of my mouth.

And you guys call me a hippie..

Unhealthy hate? I don't see it that way at all. I'm not plotting violence or any kind of sabotage towards the US. I just simply want to leave and never come back. Right now, as you are fully aware of, I'm kind of stuck given my current situation.

My hate for America is not making me want to give up my family to get out of here.

Unhealthy hate? Nope.

Never said they were..

Do you agree with what I said or disagree?

I disagree. Being Hispanic, I hear all the time what people say towards whites. Espescially when whites are in Mexican restaurants. It's amazing the amount of shit I hear because they don't realize I can speak Spanish.

Also, you're saying racism has decreased. I'm disagreeing because I also get to hear the racism towards blacks AND whites from Hispanics. I get to experience the racism towards Hispanics from whites AND blacks. It's all there. Just not as visible as the policing of it in terms of crimes is more swift and easily caught.