Thread Civil Rights Act

Same amount of hate?

I hate this country and even I have a better opinion of it than you I guess. There is in no way, shape, or form, the same amount of hate that there was pre 1964.

Now you have me wondering if you all are trolling or if you are in fact this out of touch..

Unfortunately, you're the one out of touch (or having some peace and harmony colored glasses on).

Sure the white racism towards minorities, has decreased a lot. But for every % that goes down, the minority racism towards whites increases the same %.

Also it's not as easy to spot nowadays because the violence is punished more easily these days. Back then, the police could have been involved in the racism therefore would allow these crimes to happen. Nowadays, the racist police will harrass, but they won't intentionally kill.

Unfortunately, you're the one out of touch (or having some peace and harmony colored glasses on).

Sure the white racism towards minorities, has decreased a lot. But for every % that goes down, the minority racism towards whites increases the same %.

Also it's not as easy to spot nowadays because the violence is punished more easily these days. Back then, the police could have been involved in the racism therefore would allow these crimes to happen. Nowadays, the racist police will harrass, but they won't intentionally kill.

Reverse racism? Cry my a river...

Hate has taken different forms since it is now illegal to be caught lynching someone. The hate is still there.

Yeah the hate is still there, but no even half as much as it once was. Do any of you know any older (50+ year olds) black people? Go have a chat with them about this..

You really follow the, "I can't be racist, I'm black" ideaology?

Some black people DO hate white people.
Some black people DO hate Latinos
Some Latinos DO hate white people.
Some Latinos DO hate black people.

Sure they can be racist.

Is it comparable to the racism they have received? Not at all.

That is total BS. I live in a primarily black neighborhood at the moment. Black people can be just as racist as white people and on a daily basis seem to be more racist in my area.

So because there are racist blacks in black neighbourhoods, this means they are just as racist as white have ever been towards them? No. Sure, there have been black people who have killed white people because they were white, but the amount of black people killed because they were black far outweighs.

Thinking white people have ever had it even remotely near as bad as black people have had it in this country is just insane.

So because there are racist blacks in black neighbourhoods, this means they are just as racist as white have ever been towards them? No. Sure, there have been black people who have killed white people because they were white, but the amount of black people killed because they were black far outweighs.

Thinking white people have ever had it even remotely near as bad as black people have had it in this country is just insane.

Even beyond color, there's a shit ton of discrimination across the globe.

Just sixty years ago there were separate water fountains. You better give Americans credit for turning around the apparent racism that quickly. While racism is still alive and kicking, the violence has been subdued for the most part. I doubt any country has been able to be that successful towards hate. Your American hate is getting really old. It's all you talk about. Your hate is no different than the racism we talk about here.

And if you say Australia does not have racism you are delirious.

So the black teenagers that beat and kill white teenagers simply because they're white have received a lot of racism? Can you prove that?

What are you talking about?

I have to prove that these black teenagers received a lot of racism because that committed a race motivated murder. If I don't, my argument of blacks receiving much more racism than whites is invalid?

Are you sniffing paint?

Even beyond color, there's a shit ton of discrimination across the globe.

That why the US is great in this regard. Because the elected government has pushed for equal rights throughout this country. That is why people flock to this country from far and wide.

And regardless what they received in the past, it doesn't justify hatred towards people not involved with what occurred.

No one is trying to justify it. I'm just saying that the amount of racism today is no where near the amount of racism this country saw pre 1964.