Food Christmas dinner

Honestly I don't get how people dry out a turkey other than trying to do the browning at the end. When it is most vunerable to drying out.
Worst turkey ever - late father-in-law would BOIL a whole turkey. Turkey flavored cardboard.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I’m also sure that these younger folks cant handle some of the same bacteria old folks are swimming in.

Our ancestors didn’t have fire for awhile, and they still ate.

So much this!!!

Life isn't an over bleached McDonalds play area.

I just saw this commercial the other day. Perfect.

Go play. Don't put the dirt in your mouth. We'll wash your hands later.

You have a point because I’ve eaten a lot of ass and never got sick from it.
May actually stimulate the immune system. 10 years from now they will be promoting ass-eating for dietary health. I read a book where some young interns mixed shit in a PITA patient's milkshake to re-establish his intestinal bacteria.:p

Was he British?
Greek. It was weird, worked as a cook at a Greek resturant but some foods he just didn't get. He cooked corn on cobb to DEATH - probably an hour+ in water. My mom did same thing. Lot of older Europeans don't get eating corn, they think it's only for animals so they have no taste or technique for it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
My first wife’s grandma couldn’t cook worth a shit. I’d eat McD’s on the way to and fro holiday meals there.

One year, she made stuffing (in the bird) and it was as though she put all the leftovers in the fridge in the bird. There was raisins and nuts and chunks of hash browns mixed in the bread chunks.

Another year for dessert, cake. Yellow cake, chocolate frosting. Ground sausage in the cake. WTF

Then she made a cake but accidentally used salt in place of sugar. One bite was enough and made their crappy well water super important.

Then she made a cake but accidentally used salt in place of sugar. One bite was enough and made their crappy well water super important.
My oldest son was visiting my folks when he was about 8 - apparently my dad was being a real curmudgeon so before he left to go home he swapped the sugar in the old man's sugar bowl with salt. Dad usually put two heaping because he was a skinny bastard and slurped it down cold. HE called later and told me he was going to beat grandson's ass next time he visited.:lolbow:

Stick a body part in it. :p

Or cut it and take a peek. We never did bird carving table-side. Near the end of the cook it was checked with a few small slices, and then rested on the oven. You want to see the cooked bird, that was when you looked at it. Dinner was served with a gorgeous platter of cut up, cooked the right time to the right temp, turkey.

There was never enough juice for everyone so at the last second, piping hot seasoned extra turkey stock was poured over the platter.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes