Cell Phone Eavesdrop

Unless you're engaged in terrorist activity then no, allowing them to listen to your phone calls will never prevent an act of terrorism. And they're most certainly not serving you if they are infringing upon your rights.

Um yeah I want them to catch people engaged in terrorist activity.

Um yeah I want them to catch people engaged in terrorist activity.

Yeah but how does listening to your conversation advance that cause? When I say you, I mean you. Specifically. Why are you ok with having them listen to your phone calls when you have done absolutely nothing wrong?

But unless they get your consent before recording you .. nothing they listen to is admissable in court. So say whatever you want .. and piss them off real good.

That being said .. if they listen to mine .. God help them I bet they were horny afterwards. Poor bastards.

Ok so what exactly is your argument here?

You have a right to privacy. You have done nothing wrong, there is no reason to listen to your phone calls.

Of course, I don't know all the intimate details regarding your relationship with Bin Laden.

You have a right to privacy. You have done nothing wrong, there is no reason to listen to your phone calls.

Of course, I don't know all the intimate details regarding your relationship with Bin Laden.

Exactly I did nothing wrong I have nothing to hide if the government wants to listen to me I don't care.

I've done nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide. However that still doesn't mean the government or anyone else has the right to my personal life.

Says who? Our goverment that gives you the right to have that privacy. Try living in another country where they monitor your every move and/or tell you when you can have children, move, ect.

Bet you wouldn't complain about a little phone tapping then.

Exactly I did nothing wrong I have nothing to hide if the government wants to listen to me I don't care.

I've done nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide. However that still doesn't mean the government or anyone else has the right to my personal life.

Why shouldn't they have the right?

right there

Lol whatever. Yeah we should totally wait for something bad to happen and try to backtrack instead of being proactive.

Being proactive does not necessarily involve giving up something that is inherent in the Constitution and amendments.

Our goverment that gives you the right to have that privacy.

We have a fundamental difference in how we view government. You believe we are subservient to the government and it is our master. I believe our government is subservient to us.

No one, not even government, can grant rights. Rights are natural and inherent with sapient life.

Last edited:
Lol whatever. Yeah we should totally wait for something bad to happen and try to backtrack instead of being proactive.

It is better to risk three thousand people dying today than risk a billion living under tyranny tomorrow.

You can catch bad guys without trampling on the very things that make us a society - and a species - worth protecting.

You don't want to piss me off. You've never seen me "pissed off". You won't like it .. I assure you of that.

We have a fundamental difference in how we view government. You believe we are subservient to the government and it is our master. I believe our government is subservient to us.

No one, not even government, can grant rights. Rights are natural and inherent with sapient life.

We are of a few countries that allow their people these "rights" you speak of. The problem today is people take them for granted. They aren't "yours" by right .. they were fought for and given to you.

It is better to risk three thousand people dying today than risk a billion living under tyranny tomorrow.

You can catch bad guys without trampling on the very things that make us a society - and a species - worth protecting.

Yup.

These days I see the "government" as a collection of sound and just principles that have been corrupted by the weaknesses and greed of men.

You don't want to piss me off. You've never seen me "pissed off". You won't like it .. I assure you of that.

We are of a few countries that allow their people these "rights" you speak of. The problem today is people take them for granted. They aren't "yours" by right .. they were fought for and given to you.

No, someone fought to preserve those rights. They are the foundation of a free society. They cannot be given. No one gave me my rights.

You are right that people take them for granted, though. One example is allowing the government to eavesdrop on us and violate our right to privacy. Another is people believing that government owns us and they have control over our rights.

Last edited: