Cell Phone Eavesdrop

And I think it's anti-american to put your own personal rights/beliefs before those of every other american in the world.

Until 911 happened I might have agreed with you .. but because of things going on under the surface no one ever fathomed .. it doesn't bother me one bit for them to do whatever they have to do to keep our planes in the air and our building standing on the ground they were built on.

People who want to do unspeakable things are willing to sneak, conive, and plunder as much as they can. If you stop the people who protect us from protectig us the way they have found works .. the people who are trying to manipulate us will take that and use that to their advantage.

The government controls the main population of the US and we chose these jackasses from a list of jackasses. It is sad what has happened to a once great system and the people in it.

And I think it's anti-american to put your own personal rights/beliefs before those of every other american in the world.

Until 911 happened I might have agreed with you .. but because of things going on under the surface no one ever fathomed .. it doesn't bother me one bit for them to do whatever they have to do to keep our planes in the air and our building standing on the ground they were built on.

People who want to do unspeakable things are willing to sneak, conive, and plunder as much as they can. If you stop the people who protect us from protectig us the way they have found works .. the people who are trying to manipulate us will take that and use that to their advantage.

Sadly the complete opposite is true, its lose lose

you are not reading what I'm saying, at all
in that case, they were operating under a semi legit GUISE of legality...getting a warrant from an illegal tap never starts off properly and they don't even try to use any smoke and/or mirrors

:confused: what makes you say that?

It's not my own personal rights, it's the rights of everyone in the country.

No, not because of things going on under the surface. The causes of 9/11 are very well known and it was an event six decades in the making.

It doesn't bother you one bit because you actually believe that infringing on our rights helps them stop criminals. You don't understand what it is to live in a country that does not recognize the freedoms that this country does.

Again, it's a fundamental difference in principles. You believe we are the property of the government and that your safety is more important than the freedom of billions.

Why even fight anymore if the rights they are fighting for dont exist?

Because some people just want life. They don't care about liberty. They would rather be alive as slaves than risk their lives for one of the very things that makes us human.

People want the easy way out. They don't want to work and sacrifice for a free society. It's a combination of laziness and fear.

Because some people just want life. They don't care about liberty. They would rather be alive as slaves than risk their lives for one of the very things that makes us human.

People want the easy way out. They don't want to work and sacrifice for a free society. It's a combination of laziness and fear.

That was rhetorical but :fly: OK

That was rhetorical but :fly: OK

I can't resist :lol: hey man, even she pointed out that people have fought and died for rights that are being taken for granted. so I can't fathom why she'd also say that they should be thrown away in the name of false security

I can't resist :lol: hey man, even she pointed out that people have fought and died for rights that are being taken for granted. so I can't fathom why she'd also say that they should be thrown away in the name of false security

Nah, She is saying that she wants to feel more protected because the way the government "should" work it sounds like a great idea. Sadly it does not work for its people anymore and it is a false sense of security. How big of a shocker would it be if we found out our government paid the terrorist from 911? To me, not much if any at all. And that was just an example so you people dont go gettin all pissy :fly:

It's because many people tend to forget that those who work for the government are not perfect. They are not omnipotent, they are not gods, they are not infallible. They make mistakes and are equally as susceptible to greed, corruption and blackmail as the rest of us. Governments are made by man and like anything created by man it is imperfect. Giving it more power than the people is always a bad idea. Historically it's always been a bad idea and always led to tyranny.

It's not that I like the idea of the government listening in on my phone calls or my conversations, but I don't get too worked up about the idea. The chances of "them" actually listening to me are pretty slim. I'm not a threat, I've never been a threat, and I doubt I ever will be a threat. I doubt "they" are really interested in me or you or most people. It's not like they bother to listen to everyone all the time, they simply don't have the time, staff or need.

It sucks that there are laws saying this can be done, but I don't think they abuse this power.

It's not that I like the idea of the government listening in on my phone calls or my conversations, but I don't get too worked up about the idea. The chances of "them" actually listening to me are pretty slim. I'm not a threat, I've never been a threat, and I doubt I ever will be a threat. I doubt "they" are really interested in me or you or most people. It's not like they bother to listen to everyone all the time, they simply don't have the time, staff or need.

It sucks that there are laws saying this can be done, but I don't think they abuse this power.

When you remove the checks and balances, abuse of power always follows. That said, its all cyclical. Without a doubt, the FBI will start abusing this stuff and 10-20 years from now they will be choked to uselessness by Congress again.