Food Canning

Nope, but upon GIS it appears they look a lot like Lodge Logic just ... smoother in texture?

go to ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRISWOLD-7-...d=100012&prg=8141&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=300967336098&

is a good example.

they don't make them anymore. after ages of reading about them, I picked one up on ebay a month ago, & reseasoned it.

OMG. the surface is almost glass, & they're not quite as heavy as Lodge. I use it all the time now. I bought a griswold #6 , & now want an 8 and a chicken fryer. they're not cheap, but I'm pretty impressed and do think they're worth a lot more than I paid. (I got my 6 for $32 shipped. it was in really good shape)

Aren't they like lodge logic?

No these used to be used by farmers to butcher in the fall with. Unfortunately too many have been converted into flower pots.

:mad::(:rolleyes:

Something like this only deeper and have a stainless steel like finish on the inside. The only way you will find them is going local auctions.

CnsmgWT.jpg

go to ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRISWOLD-7-...d=100012&prg=8141&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=300967336098&

is a good example.

they don't make them anymore. after ages of reading about them, I picked one up on ebay a month ago, & reseasoned it.

OMG. the surface is almost glass, & they're not quite as heavy as Lodge. I use it all the time now. I bought a griswold #6 , & now want an 8 and a chicken fryer. they're not cheap, but I'm pretty impressed and do think they're worth a lot more than I paid. (I got my 6 for $32 shipped. it was in really good shape)
INteresting.
No these used to be used by farmers to butcher in the fall with. Unfortunately too many have been converted into flower pots.

:mad::(:rolleyes:

Something like this only deeper and have a stainless steel like finish on the inside. The only way you will find them is going local auctions.

CnsmgWT.jpg
Oh ya, I've seen that flower pot before.

My grandma has all Griswold cast iron pans. They're nice for sure.

I've got a bunch of lecreuset stuff as well as a few lodge pans, I prefer the lecreuset because cleanup is easier.

:heart: cast iron