Ontopic Candidate Preference Poll

Between a choice of Trump, Clinton, or Neither for President, what was your preference

• Clinton

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Trump

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
Do you think strategic voting is a thing April invented?
clearly she's championing it out of one side of her mouth, while bitching about it on the other

if she believed in Johnson and didn't vote for him the joke is on her...and her conscience.

and in this case, glad that Hillary lost...hopefully it feels good for her the next 4 years.

Yup. It sucks. I voted for evil. But my other choice was to not vote. And then everyone would be like "some people a hundred years ago starved to death so you could have the right to vote and you didn't vote?!? Shame on you!"
I voted for Johnson.

The reason? Not because I thought he'd make a great president, I mean he would have been better than either one of the two other ass clowns, but that was my duty of putting a 3rd party on the map. Get a third party recognized, and you'll completely disrupt the landscape. Other parties will have to come up with an option better than "Well at least I'm not that guy".

It wasn't about winning. It was about the future. It was about making an actual change in a world where change is dominated by the status quo. That's why I voted Johnson.

I voted for Johnson.

The reason? Not because I thought he'd make a great president, I mean he would have been better than either one of the two other ass clowns, but that was my duty of putting a 3rd party on the map. Get a third party recognized, and you'll completely disrupt the landscape. Other parties will have to come up with an option better than "Well at least I'm not that guy".

It wasn't about winning. It was about the future. It was about making an actual change in a world where change is dominated by the status quo. That's why I voted Johnson.
good for you for having morals, and sticking to them

and more importantly, not crying about it afterwards

I voted for Johnson.

This is also why i voted third party. Eventually, in some election, momentum will be gained such that a third party will have 5% of the vote, then 10% the one after that. And thats a success, because at 10%, it likely that first-past-the-post breaks.

clearly she's championing it out of one side of her mouth, while bitching about it on the other

if she believed in Johnson and didn't vote for him the joke is on her...and her conscience.

and in this case, glad that Hillary lost...hopefully it feels good for her the next 4 years.

Explaining something to you is not the same as championing it. What the hell yo

I voted for Johnson.

I mean this sincerely and without any malice. I'm glad that you're an idealist about this. That's a thing sorely lacking in politics at the moment.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I mean this sincerely and without any malice. I'm glad that you're an idealist about this. That's a thing sorely lacking in politics at the moment.
I may talk shit on here and do stupid shit and act like an asshole IRL, but when it comes to voting, I take that shit serious. I read all of the things about people and propositions on the ballot. If I can't or don't read something, I leave that one blank. I don't even vote no. I don't give a shit what one media source says vs another, how they pander to one candidate or the other, etc. I look at the facts and vote that way. In this case, they both earned a no vote from me. So I voted for someone that could make a difference.

Johnson was further away from my stance on issues than Stein, and stein is a tiny bit of a lunatic...

So... we have a ranking here.

Trump, Dangerous demagogue
Clinton, Criminal politician who blatantly ignored laws and rules.
Stein, matches more of my views than less.
Johnson, doesnt match my views