best movie I've seen in a long time

*Fuxx Burger* said:
That totally sucks.

What do you do for a living?
Do you have a roomate? that might help the cost of living on your own.... Is moving back with your parents an option? At least until you get your head above water?

I make less than $20,000 a year. I live in a one bedroom and could not find a roomate before I signed this lease. Moving back with my parents is beyond NOT an option.

It's like the boys said (and my mom for that matter) I can't take care of myself and obvously need a man to do it for me. I hate that, but it seems true. :(

Bubbles said:
I make less than $20,000 a year. I live in a one bedroom and could not find a roomate before I signed this lease. Moving back with my parents is beyond NOT an option.

It's like the boys said (and my mom for that matter) I can't take care of myself and obvously need a man to do it for me. I hate that, but it seems true. :(

That's horse shit and you know it. A man has nothing to do with you not being able to live on $10/hour. Who could live on that? I couldn't. I spend $2,500/month on bills and living expenses. It's absurd.

People move out of their parents' houses later and later these days. Sometimes not until their 30s. Not because they're too stupid to survive (generally) but because they can't AFFORD to survive. What you need to probably do (and this is what I did) is find a part-time job as well. On the weekends.

I hate to say it, but between your social life and your surviving, going out with friends is just not important at all. When I was struggling I didn't do shit except work for about a year and a half. Then I started clawing my way up the career ladder and things got way easier and I started to go to the occasional happy hour. Yay me! But holy hell can it be tough! I'm still only ever 2 or 3 paychecks away from homelessness.

Like you really have to ask me that.

ugly.jpg

Sarcasmo said:
That's horse shit and you know it. A man has nothing to do with you not being able to live on $10/hour. Who could live on that? I couldn't. I spend $2,500/month on bills and living expenses. It's absurd.

People move out of their parents' houses later and later these days. Sometimes not until their 30s. Not because they're too stupid to survive (generally) but because they can't AFFORD to survive. What you need to probably do (and this is what I did) is find a part-time job as well. On the weekends.

I hate to say it, but between your social life and your surviving, going out with friends is just not important at all. When I was struggling I didn't do shit except work for about a year and a half. Then I started clawing my way up the career ladder and things got way easier and I started to go to the occasional happy hour. Yay me! But holy hell can it be tough! I'm still only ever 2 or 3 paychecks away from homelessness.

My "boss" (step-dad :rolleyes: ) says I have poor money management skills because he knows plenty of people who have children and survive on half of what I make.

My social life is non-existant and I'm ok with that right now. If you want to know what makes the lack of social life a problem, PM me.

I have thought a great deal about getting a second job, but I want to go back to school so I can establish a ladder to start climbing and I don't know how to do both.

Bubbles said:
My "boss" (step-dad :rolleyes: ) says I have poor money management skills because he knows plenty of people who have children and survive on half of what I make.
Kids = tax break, and on $10,000 a year they get all kinds of assistance programs no doubt.

When I lived in Brockton them fuckers were driving new Cadillacs and had bigger TV's than me

Bubbles said:

My social life is non-existant and I'm ok with that right now. If you want to know what makes the lack of social life a problem, PM me.

I have thought a great deal about getting a second job, but I want to go back to school so I can establish a ladder to start climbing and I don't know how to do both.

iirc you are only about $2k above the poverty line so tell your step dad to stick that shit up his ass next time he says plenty of people survive on 1/2 of what you make

edit:and chikken is right on the money with the tax breaks, which you obviously don't get

Well, there is a lot to be said for being able to live for cheap. I know I'm not capable of it, but my money "management" skills could win awards for being crap.

That being said, I know my mother was living on about 16k/yr and wasn't doing too poorly for herself. The catch? She didn't live in a big city.

Edit: My point, as I forgot to make it, was that while it may be possible to live for half of what you make, is it possible to live where you want to be at half of what you make? If not, then the whole point is irrelevent. (I'm sure there is supposed to be an 'a' in there.)

The only way I'm going to survive is by cutting corners here and there:

1. No more showers - save on water and all personal clensing products
2. No more flushing the toilet - save on water
3. Start dumpster diving at the local market - save on all food products (expiration dates are just a suggestion)
4. Walk - save on gas and insurance
5. Turn off cable - reading is fun
6. Turn off cell phone - no one ever calls me anyway

Anyhting I missed?

Bubbles said:
The only way I'm going to survive is by cutting corners here and there:

1. No more showers - save on water and all personal clensing products
2. No more flushing the toilet - save on water
3. Start dumpster diving at the local market - save on all food products (expiration dates are just a suggestion)
4. Walk - save on gas and insurance
5. Turn off cable - reading is fun
6. Turn off cell phone - no one ever calls me anyway

Anyhting I missed?
Can I seriously ask you how much you make?

edit: was this covered already?