WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Maybe you'll fly under the radar, but if you get in an accident and your HoS ain't right you're getting a big old fine, the shit sued out of you, and possibly losing your cert..

Are you aware that Hours of Service violation fines are thousands to tens of thousands of dollars? All working hours in any job count towards the max hours. You're getting your consecutive ten hours off per day and your 34 hours day off per week (no other work) right?
Ummm. That applies to me? I'm not sure. I thought security companies were in like a loophole. You don't get overtime because transportation worker but none of the safety stuff applies.

Yes. Life isn't fair and it isn't going to change. 😆
of course - to begin with, fairness is a human construct and many of the things that affect life are independent of human control. and the things we can control are frequently skewed toward benefitting some over others. but I'm also fairly certain there are other unfairnesses in life you seek to affect and/or balance.

most laws protecting workers were signed in blood, and while it was unfair to begin with that it took their sacrifices to enact change, you're doing their memories further insult if you knowingly allow those conditions to persist. and you have to consider that if they'll fuck around with payroll to cut corners and save money, there are likely to be other corners they're willing to cut because it has not yet become costly enough for them not to.

idk man like I don't think I'm going to change your mind on this, it just doesn't make sense to me & I process shit by talking a lot lol

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
idk man like I don't think I'm going to change your mind on this, it just doesn't make sense to me & I process shit by talking a lot lol
I don't know why you think I disagree. It's just naive to think the pushback wouldn't be insane. Owning a business is a license to screw people. It's why I don't like working for small businesses

I'd figure that out if I were you. Did you have to get a DOT physical? Are you carrying people or property?
I had a physical. I just looked up HoS and there is a ton exceptions. I'm just applying for other stuff. Been there about 6 months anyway with no promotion so...

:lol: I found a resume my ex wrote for me. The skills section...

Zach did real cool stuff. Caught bad guys. Almost got stabbed once. It was cray. He is pretty good at talk to people. But maybe don't tackle the junkies so many times. Some times managers can't do their job and are big dumbs. Zach is not a big dumb. Zach has like all the stuff for this job. He should do a job he can use this stuff. He has like three pairs of handcuffs and a gun; it is cray. He has suspenders and doesn't afraid of anything. Please hire him. He's real good at talking to the cops. Everyone needs someone to talk to the cops for them, you know? Please give him money.

Im like semi tempted to send it out to see what happens.

Last edited:
:lol: I found a resume my ex wrote for me. The skills section...
creeping too young GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
And yet, you actively let them fuck you.
Anyway, I was venting and no one has presented a novel solution, that's why I tend to move on quick, once things start to sour it only gets worse. I do think I need to hire someone to take care of my finances, a thought I've had many times. Im not of the business mindset clearly and am uninterested in money except to the extent I can live in relative peace. I'd do a lot of work just for the sport if provided the necessities. (It still mystifies me that I need a smartphone only for work but I have to pay for it, last 4? jobs, except one that gave you a company phone).

I wish I had the energy to shower but I've been at work since 10am.

Anyway, I was venting and no one has presented a novel solution, that's why I tend to move on quick, once things start to sour it only gets worse. I do think I need to hire someone to take care of my finances, a thought I've had many times. Im not of the business mindset clearly and am uninterested in money except to the extent I can live in relative peace. I'd do a lot of work just for the sport if provided the necessities. (It still mystifies me that I need a smartphone only for work but I have to pay for it, last 4? jobs, except one that gave you a company phone).

I wish I had the energy to shower but I've been at work since 10am.
No one presented a novel solution because we don't live in the 1800s.
You know workers have rights, right? People fought and died for you to have a weekend, a safe working environment, and a minimum wage. 10 year olds dont go down into the coal mines anymore, bro. You should look around and realize you don't have to live like that.

Boot leather isn't the tastiest thing out there.