WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Being told "thanks for your help" at work triggers me.
One time, we were asked to participate in a "team building exercise".
Which was painting the lab and office.
On a Saturday. Ok, call it what you want but my idea of team building is an escape room, paintball- lab vs accounting. Even falling backwards and hoping the 102lb customer service lady is strong enough to catch me. Coming in on my day off and painting for free is not really team building to me. Sounds like free labor.
None of us participated.

On a Saturday. Ok, call it what you want but my idea of team building is an escape room, paintball- lab vs accounting. Even falling backwards and hoping the 102lb customer service lady is strong enough to catch me. Coming in on my day off and painting for free is not really team building to me. Sounds like free labor.
None of us participated.
100% free labor, good on y'inz.

None of us participated.
I would have laughed at the very idea

None of us participated.
Shoulda participated and done a horrible job.

And got all kindergarten artsy with it. Like start painting smiley face suns and clouds and shit on the wall. Bunch of stick figures with "our team" scrawled above it.

Toxic masculinity is not eating alone and doing nothing about stolen wages because "what will folk think?".
Ah I wanted to find the toxic masculinity post. Anyway. I got bitched at for being 8 minutes late, said I havent been paid in a month. The owners wife cut 4 checks and warned me not to deposit them all at once. Meh it's time to find somewhere else for that time slot.

Last edited:
Ah I wanted to find the toxic masculinity post. Anyway. I got bitched at for being 8 minutes late, said I havent been paid in a month. The owners wife cut 4 checks and warned me not to deposit them all at once. Meh it's time to find somewhere else for that time slot.
Uh do you get paid for all the hours you work?

if you woke up to discover that the windows of your car were busted overnight, you'd probably be checking inside to see what, if anything, got stolen, and you've brought up before that you have dealt with actual theft of your property on multiple occasions so this isn't a new concept to you, so I don't understand why you'd be nonchalant about further potential theft, ESPECIALLY in the presence of known fuckery. wage theft is theft.

even then cutting you checks late can be viewed as theft because time spent not in your account because of their actions is time you cannot be accruing interest on it (though in your case, I'd expect it would be a neglible amount of potential interest). it's obviously also fucked because people rely on wages to pay bills to stay alive, but late wages are still theft.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
to keep it germane to the thread topic, you'd probably report a typical burglary to the cops & expect they'd prosecute the perpetrator of said crime to the fullest extent of the law (or at least wish to do so), but I'm betting that even if you discovered chunks of unpaid time you'd hesitate to do the same.

the cops would surely treat them differently, too, because wage theft is considered "white collar crime," and for some reason it doesn't warrant the same reaction or derision (to be clear, they probably wouldn't do much about either scenario, but assuming they're handled at all, they'd be handled differently - no cuffs, no perp walk, etc).

(to pre-emptively address this particular rebuttal, I'm not personally advocating for calling the cops in either case, I'm approaching it from the perspective of someone who *would* call the cops)

even then cutting you checks late can be viewed as theft because time spent not in your account because of their actions is time you cannot be accruing interest on it (though in your case, I'd expect it would be a neglible amount of potential interest). it's obviously also fucked because people rely on wages to pay bills to stay alive, but late wages are still theft.
I don't disagree but I am too busy working to track my actual hours, tipped vs non tipped income, dot hours vs non dot hours. It is practically a full time job tracking my payroll. So short of hiring a secretary... Shrug

to keep it germane to the thread topic, you'd probably report a typical burglary to the cops & expect they'd prosecute the perpetrator of said crime to the fullest extent of the law (or at least wish to do so), but I'm betting that even if you discovered chunks of unpaid time you'd hesitate to do the same.

the cops would surely treat them differently, too, because wage theft is considered "white collar crime," and for some reason it doesn't warrant the same reaction or derision (to be clear, they probably wouldn't do much about either scenario, but assuming they're handled at all, they'd be handled differently - no cuffs, no perp walk, etc).

(to pre-emptively address this particular rebuttal, I'm not personally advocating for calling the cops in either case, I'm approaching it from the perspective of someone who *would* call the cops)
Well the DOL has it's own enforcement division which is where you'd probably be referred but it's far simpler to just take a bit and find another job. I've been through an identity theft case already and basicallythey try to shame you into dropping it.

On that one they spent more time "interview ing" me, and accusing me of wasting their time than speaking to my brother (he's the one who did it)

Well the DOL has it's own enforcement division which is where you'd probably be referred but it's far simpler to just take a bit and find another job. I've been through an identity theft case already and basicallythey try to shame you into dropping it.
oh yeah, I get that there are like, "alternative" resolution methods that they push on you/that you're supposed to follow, I'm just saying it's fucked up that the two types of theft are treated so differently, and that while either generally won't result in a satisfactory resolution, one of them is designed to be so frustrating & bureaucratic that it protects the thieves. if you stole from them rather than the other way around, I don't expect that they'd be so quick to expect the same process for you. see also: whom the law binds but does not protect vs whom the law protects but does not bind.

oh yeah, I get that there are like, "alternative" resolution methods that they push on you/that you're supposed to follow, I'm just saying it's fucked up that the two types of theft are treated so differently, and that while either generally won't result in a satisfactory resolution, one of them is designed to be so frustrating & bureaucratic that it protects the thieves. if you stole from them rather than the other way around, I don't expect that they'd be so quick to expect the same process for you. see also: whom the law binds but does not protect vs whom the law protects but does not bind.
Yes. Life isn't fair and it isn't going to change. 😆

I don't disagree but I am too busy working to track my actual hours, tipped vs non tipped income, dot hours vs non dot hours. It is practically a full time job tracking my payroll. So short of hiring a secretary... Shrug
Are you aware that Hours of Service violation fines are thousands to tens of thousands of dollars? All working hours in any job count towards the max hours. You're getting your consecutive ten hours off per day and your 34 hour day off per week (no other work) right?

Last edited: