GAY Attention everyone, please

It would be nice if:

1. People listened to each other.
2. People wouldn't fall back into knee-jerk positions, but honestly consider all the information.
3. People would understand that nothing is as simple as a story on the internet made it.
4. People would show some respect for the opinions of others.
5. People would consider the possibility that they are wrong.

I wish I saw some of that here more often.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
The point was about how the human brain works. But please go on about how your point would be so much better with your vast knowledge of history.

:nev:

Most people already figured that out on their own without funding a study. They already gave it terms like stubborn and hard-headed, don't really need another term for it. There is no profound revelation or whatever's supposed to be in there. It's mostly just a really wordy statement from Captain Obvious. Publish or perish.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Read the whole article. What a bunch of hooey.
I knew it was hooey from the first bit of manipulative language, but I read through anyways because of the TL;DR crowd.
I've spent 10s of thousands of hours thinking about what it means to be open minded.
There's nothing wrong with being middle aged and having formed strong opinions on things and issues.
After all, a 50 year old person would be pretty weak minded to still be open minded about everything.

I think the comic should work pretty well on people under the age of 40.
At a certain point, most people aren't going to rethink their positions on whatever they consider the "big stuff".

I knew it was hooey from the first bit of manipulative language, but I read through anyways because of the TL;DR crowd.
I've spent 10s of thousands of hours thinking about what it means to be open minded.
There's nothing wrong with being middle aged and having formed strong opinions on things and issues.
After all, a 50 year old person would be pretty weak minded to still be open minded about everything.

At a certain point, most people aren't going to rethink their positions on whatever they consider the "big stuff".
:lol: That's amazing. Your amaglyda is showing! Someone should put this post on The Oatmeal's Facebook page.

Nukes! ... You and I would have been considered tall in 1800's France!

I'd be careful, nukes. If your mind is open too far your brain will fall out!

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes

You are the epitome of exactly what that article is talking about. Defensive much?

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor