GAY Attention everyone, please

It would be nice if:

1. People listened to each other.
2. People wouldn't fall back into knee-jerk positions, but honestly consider all the information.
3. People would understand that nothing is as simple as a story on the internet made it.
4. People would show some respect for the opinions of others.
5. People would consider the possibility that they are wrong.

I wish I saw some of that here more often.
:lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow::lolbow:

Read the whole article. What a bunch of hooey.
I knew it was hooey from the first bit of manipulative language, but I read through anyways because of the TL;DR crowd.
I've spent 10s of thousands of hours thinking about what it means to be open minded.
There's nothing wrong with being middle aged and having formed strong opinions on things and issues.
After all, a 50 year old person would be pretty weak minded to still be open minded about everything.

I think the comic should work pretty well on people under the age of 40.
At a certain point, most people aren't going to rethink their positions on whatever they consider the "big stuff".
Learning only ends when you die.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and APRIL
Because clearly, if we don't also criticize Barack Obama, we have no business criticizing the actions of the current POTUS, in your estimation.

When did I say that?

I am talking about people (on both sides) who immediately fall back to a position, who will quote an internet source in favor of a position, and then mock that site later when it does not support them, who attack the person rather than the argument, who fail to even consider the fact that they could be wrong, who let supposed debate turn into a circle jerk. Etc.

I'm talking both sides here. I'm not just talking politics.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes