Ask your food questions here!

I

ieholly

Guest
so i forgot chicken broth so i am using ramen noodle packets in my tomato basil soup. think it will turn out ok?
 

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
4,543
0
0
41
Savannah, GA
ieholly said:
so i forgot chicken broth so i am using ramen noodle packets in my tomato basil soup. think it will turn out ok?

I may be a little salty. here is a trick. If you broth is too salty put in a while peeled potatoe. It will pull some of the salt out.
 
I

ieholly

Guest
JJ Lady said:
I may be a little salty. here is a trick. If you broth is too salty put in a while peeled potatoe. It will pull some of the salt out.

that is an excellent idea! it turned out ok anyway, but i have a hard time getting the texture to match that of a restaurant. it tastes good but is to chunky. i think i need to puree it or something.
 

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
4,543
0
0
41
Savannah, GA
ieholly said:
that is an excellent idea! it turned out ok anyway, but i have a hard time getting the texture to match that of a restaurant. it tastes good but is to chunky. i think i need to puree it or something.

Probably. I don't know what your recipe entails, but a lot of places will add a bit of heavy cream to the soup.
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
thrawn said:
give me recipes for sword fish and a recommendation for sides


I'd grill it.....

Then have some grilled veggies- zucchini, onions, asparagus spears, peppers- as one side. Lots of garlic butter for that.

Mango salsa would be good on the fish too.....

Maybe some sort of fancy bread to go with it?

I've never really done anything with swordfish yet :(
 

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
40,805
5,861
723
Robin Hood Country
BigDov said:
I'd grill it.....

Then have some grilled veggies- zucchini, onions, asparagus spears, peppers- as one side. Lots of garlic butter for that.

Mango salsa would be good on the fish too.....

Maybe some sort of fancy bread to go with it?

I've never really done anything with swordfish yet :(

You sound like quite the chef. You'll have to cook for me sometime :drool:
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
NeedMoreEmo said:
You sound like quite the chef. You'll have to cook for me sometime :drool:


I'm definitely not afraid of the kitchen, or trying anything new. So yeah, next time you're state-side, be sure to look me up ;)

:heart:
 

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
14,850
0
0
BigDov said:
I'd grill it.....

Then have some grilled veggies- zucchini, onions, asparagus spears, peppers- as one side. Lots of garlic butter for that.

Mango salsa would be good on the fish too.....

Maybe some sort of fancy bread to go with it?

I've never really done anything with swordfish yet :(


what shall i marinate the fishy with
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
thrawn said:
what shall i marinate the fishy with


I'm not much into marinating fish for some reason. Just a little salt and pepper and I'm done.......

I'd think that almost anything would be good. Since it's fish though, I'd lean toward a teriyaki or something kind of citrusey(sp?).
 

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
14,850
0
0
BigDov said:
I'm not much into marinating fish for some reason. Just a little salt and pepper and I'm done.......

I'd think that almost anything would be good. Since it's fish though, I'd lean toward a teriyaki or something kind of citrusey(sp?).



i was thinking a lemon and lime squeezed, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
 

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
4,543
0
0
41
Savannah, GA
BigDov said:
Well hello there!!

I'm going to write down my yummy salsa recipe tonight and post it up ;)
Works been crazy. Imagine..they actually want me to work while I'm here. Glad you are around to answer questions and make suggestions when I am not. I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one. :heart: