Ask your food questions here!

so i forgot chicken broth so i am using ramen noodle packets in my tomato basil soup. think it will turn out ok?

ieholly said:
so i forgot chicken broth so i am using ramen noodle packets in my tomato basil soup. think it will turn out ok?

I may be a little salty. here is a trick. If you broth is too salty put in a while peeled potatoe. It will pull some of the salt out.

JJ Lady said:
I may be a little salty. here is a trick. If you broth is too salty put in a while peeled potatoe. It will pull some of the salt out.

that is an excellent idea! it turned out ok anyway, but i have a hard time getting the texture to match that of a restaurant. it tastes good but is to chunky. i think i need to puree it or something.

ieholly said:
that is an excellent idea! it turned out ok anyway, but i have a hard time getting the texture to match that of a restaurant. it tastes good but is to chunky. i think i need to puree it or something.

Probably. I don't know what your recipe entails, but a lot of places will add a bit of heavy cream to the soup.

thrawn said:
give me recipes for sword fish and a recommendation for sides

I'd grill it.....

Then have some grilled veggies- zucchini, onions, asparagus spears, peppers- as one side. Lots of garlic butter for that.

Mango salsa would be good on the fish too.....

Maybe some sort of fancy bread to go with it?

I've never really done anything with swordfish yet :(

BigDov said:
I'd grill it.....

Then have some grilled veggies- zucchini, onions, asparagus spears, peppers- as one side. Lots of garlic butter for that.

You sound like quite the chef. You'll have to cook for me sometime :drool:

BigDov said:
I'd grill it.....

what shall i marinate the fishy with

thrawn said:
what shall i marinate the fishy with

I'm not much into marinating fish for some reason. Just a little salt and pepper and I'm done.......

I'd think that almost anything would be good. Since it's fish though, I'd lean toward a teriyaki or something kind of citrusey(sp?).

BigDov said:
I'm not much into marinating fish for some reason. Just a little salt and pepper and I'm done.......

I'd think that almost anything would be good. Since it's fish though, I'd lean toward a teriyaki or something kind of citrusey(sp?).

i was thinking a lemon and lime squeezed, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.

BigDov said:
Well hello there!!

I'm going to write down my yummy salsa recipe tonight and post it up ;)
Works been crazy. Imagine..they actually want me to work while I'm here. Glad you are around to answer questions and make suggestions when I am not. I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one. :heart: