Ask a Mormon anything.

That's because everyone automatically connects polygamy and Mormon's together, even though we have practiced it as a religion since the late 1800's. I can assure you, the main family and the polygamist sects in the show are not Mormon nor do they have anything to do with what we believe or how we act.

Why would I feel differently about them then I do about non mormon homosexuals? I may not agree with their actions, but I'm not going to judge or treat them any differently then I do anyone else. They are free to make their own choices and those choices don't make them any less of a person.

I'm telling you it was the main family that was going to find where the Book of Mormon was written. Face it the show is about Mormons.

I will die laughing if Missouri turns out to be the garden of Eden. I've been to Missouri. Not a single mythical, wonderful thing about it. It sucked.

Switzerland would be awesome, with its snow covered mountains and green valleys full of yodelling milk maidens. Or Costa Rica.

if you could simply walk away from being a mormon, would you?

Nope. I strongly believe what I've been taught and wouldn't change it for anything.

I'm telling you it was the main family that was going to find where the Book of Mormon was written. Face it the show is about Mormons.

Ok, one more time, the show is about an offshoot. They recognize Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, and maybe even a couple of the later prophets, but they don't recognize any of them after they announced we weren't practicing polygamy anymore (Wilford Woodruff, our 4th prophet was in charge when this happened, we are now on prophet 16, I believe). After that, they had their own church, and their own temples, and prophets. Anyone caught practicing polygamy in our church is excommunicated. It is against the law and currently against the beliefs and laws of our church as well. I'm am now done talking about Big Love. It is not about Mormon's.

Do you feel you (or any religious person) should expose your children a wide variety of religious experiences before training them and teaching them to follow your own calling?

HOw would you feel if your children chose not to follow your religion when they grow up? Would it strain your relationship with them?

If Mormonism is all volunteer and about serving, why are the temples so grandious and splendid instead of a building that serves the purpose without being austentatious, giving the remainder of the money to charity?

Do you feel you (or any religious person) should expose your children a wide variety of religious experiences before training them and teaching them to follow your own calling?

That's up to the person. Am I going to? No. I'm going to teach my child what I believe and take them to church with me every week. If they had a friend invite them to their church and they wanted to go I would let them, but I'm not going to push it.

HOw would you feel if your children chose not to follow your religion when they grow up? Would it strain your relationship with them?

I would love them just the same and treat them absolutely no differently then I do my other children. I would certainly be sad, but I love my kids cause they are my kids, not cause they do everything I say or believe or like exactly what I do. I don't imagine it would strain our relationship whatsoever.

Probably the same way every religion explains every other religion. We are right, and they are wrong. We are cool, and they are lame. We are going to live forever, and they are going to die.

Mormon fundamentalists are still mormons, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_fundamentalism

Mormon fundamentalists seek to uphold tenets and practices no longer held by mainstream Mormons (members of the LDS Church).

Mormon fundamentalist beliefs generally include the following elements:

* plural marriage
* the law of consecration
* the Adam–God teachings attributed to Young
* the principle of blood atonement
* the exclusion of black men from the priesthood

Of these, the principle most often associated with Mormon fundamentalism is plural marriage, a form of polygyny first taught by Joseph Smith, Jr., the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement. The LDS Church eventually modified or altogether abandoned these early principles, including plural marriage.