ask a european anything

Are Europeans indeed lazy?

Apparently in France, the work week (by law) has to be 35 hours, there is a set amount of paid vacation that is quite a lot, and a pension and health care are quite taken care of.

In Scandinavia, this is the same, if not more. Maternity leave and paternity leave are on the side of obscene as well as other benefits like "stress leave" - just get up and leave no questions asked because you might be seasonally depressed.

And that whole July/August everything closes and everyone is off work.

And the level of productivity is actually lesser.

http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2006/01/why_is_us_produ.html

Apparently in France, the work week (by law) has to be 35 hours, there is a set amount of paid vacation that is quite a lot, and a pension and health care are quite taken care of.

In Scandinavia, this is the same, if not more. Maternity leave and paternity leave are on the side of obscene as well as other benefits like "stress leave" - just get up and leave no questions asked because you might be seasonally depressed.

I don't think we're lazy. I think we value our private time more than people who strive for material goods. Most kids and teens in Europe travel a lot, I know Americans who haven't even left their state.

My work week is 37.5 hours :)

3 weeks vac, 3 weeks sick days, 1 year parental leave (combined between parents) per child.

I'm pretty friggin productive when I'm not slacking off on this site

Silly you microwave a cup of water. After it's then boiling, you then insert tea. Seep, then enjoy.

i can't do this either. i have to boil the water in a kettle...call me crazy, as i'm sure it's all in my head, but i don't think it's the same heat from a microwave as from boiled-on-a-stove water. it's like the heat stays longer when boiled atop a stove. :iono:
the same way i can't figure out why drinking wine from a sterling silver goblet tastes sooooooooooo damn good...it keeps a slight chill to the wine, and there's a thin rim...why the hell is there a difference? :drool:

If I was to visit Ireland, where would you take me?

you'd better come get me first. ireland's always been the top of my list, and i have to find a way to go someday. :drool: