ask a european anything

polo

Flaccid Member
Aug 1, 2007
Marklar
₥0
here's a good idea

seeing as two british soldiers were killed in NI last night (first time since 1997), i think now may be a good time to answer anyones questions regarding ireland, the uk, europe... whatever.

the whole irish mess is hard to understood, and incredibly ignorant people have been all over the news this morning. perhaps this is my attempt to clear some things up should anyone have questions?

incase everyone doesn't know wtf i'm talking about - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7930995.stm

so, go for it. i will answer anything, and 100% more interesting than theac of course.

it's played between two teams of 11. the batsman bat in pairs and all of them bat. when one of the pair is out, he is replaced by the next batter in the team. the innings ends after 10 wickets have fallen, (i.e. there are no more batsmen left). each team bats twice.

i really do enjoy cricket - if you've ever been to the subcontinent the little kids play it everywhere and anywhere they can. all you need is a few stumps, a bat and a ball. lots of fun.

Since the Good Friday accord was signed back in 1999, and, at least to us ignorant foreigners, seemed to be the end of the violence, how come 10 years later many are still calling todays actions a blow to the 'peace process'. After 10 years, would we not stop calling it a 'process'?