Anyone play Oblivion yet?

April23 said:
Found it it was the smegma drying out that was making me all itchy.

I do believe the best username I have ever seen was when I had a totalfark account. Some fellow named "ICan'tBelieveIt'sNotSmegma".

Yeah, this game looks like the tits. Too bad it's the GW:Factions FPE this weekend.

why_ask_why said:
no vpn/remote desktop access?

Not at this firm.

On the upside tonight was my last day at that firm. My group quit and joined a new firm out of California that just opened an office here in Dallas. We start there on Monday. They will have all kinds of awesome high-tech stuff to play with (read: stuff that's been around forever and that everyone else but us was using). Citrix, VOIP, etc. This last firm of mine was relatively low-tech and low-dollar.

I just said firm like 18 times.

Last edited:
Allright... you yahoos have me intrigued, but my gaming rig might be a little anemic for this game. I'm running P4 2.8 ghz on a 800mhz fsb with a gig of ram. I think I'm okay there, but I've only got a geforce FX 5900. Can someone recommend me a video card for under $200?

edit: it needs to be an agp card. I ain't got no fancee pee-see-eye express bus.

Valve1138 said:
I think you'll be fine with that rig. Even without upgrading the video card.

you should see if you're happy with it before shelling out the cash IMO

Yeah? 'Cause Gun runs disappointingly on this machine. I figured if it couldn't handle Gun it wouldn't be able to hack Oblivion.

itburnswhenipee said:
Yeah? 'Cause Gun runs disappointingly on this machine. I figured if it couldn't handle Gun it wouldn't be able to hack Oblivion.
Oblivion is alot better made than any other shit just churned out by other developers. It will run fine on your system @ 1024x768 with a few settings high, and looks just as beautiful even though my monitor's 21", I'm content to run it at a lower res.

itburnswhenipee said:
Allright... you yahoos have me intrigued, but my gaming rig might be a little anemic for this game. I'm running P4 2.8 ghz on a 800mhz fsb with a gig of ram. I think I'm okay there, but I've only got a geforce FX 5900. Can someone recommend me a video card for under $200?

edit: it needs to be an agp card. I ain't got no fancee pee-see-eye express bus.
Is that card faster than a 9500pro? If so, you can play it cause thats what ape is runnin. And to be honest, I haven't kept up with the best budget card so I can't helps ya there. :heart:

fly said:
Is that card faster than a 9500pro? If so, you can play it cause thats what ape is runnin. And to be honest, I haven't kept up with the best budget card so I can't helps ya there. :heart:
The 9500 pro was out for a good while when I got my 9800XT, so yes, I'd say the 5900 could run it perfectly.

Valve1138 said:
Since it's AGP I wouldn't spend $200 on a new card.

Save up your pesos for a PCI-E based upgrade.
I was tempted to buy an AGP Card the other day for this. Would it be worth my while waiting and getting a decent PCI-E setup? Is there much performance difference?

Galen said:
I was tempted to buy an AGP Card the other day for this. Would it be worth my while waiting and getting a decent PCI-E setup? Is there much performance difference?

I thought the main advantage to the pci express cards was that you could get two and run them in sli mode.