Anyone here like classical music or are you too busy listening to Buster Rhymes?

I really like a lot of classical music. After playing in orchestra for two years I had a completely different appreciation for the music.

Holst is one of my favorites to listen to and play. I used to like Vivaldi more... then I played a few songs and I wanted to shoot myself :p

I listen to too much classical. It's almost all played out. Only radio channel I got for years.

I really like a lot of classical music. After playing in orchestra for two years I had a completely different appreciation for the music.

Holst is one of my favorites to listen to and play. I used to like Vivaldi more... then I played a few songs and I wanted to shoot myself :p

What instrument did you play?

i'm a cellist/pianist - classical music has been my life ever since i was a wee one. raised by musicians...

i especially love shostakovich, mahler, saint-saens, debussy, sibelius, bartok, glass, reich... essentially late 19th/20th century music

I did ballet until I was 22. I loved dancing and I loved the music that went along with it which was a lot of classical and romantic era stuff of course. I'm always impressed by how much has to go in to writing and performing that stuff. I love to go to the symphony too. I think if you try hard enough you can find an example of any style of music that you like. I haven't come across a genre yet that didn't have one good piece.

I did ballet until I was 22. I loved dancing and I loved the music that went along with it which was a lot of classical and romantic era stuff of course. I'm always impressed by how much has to go in to writing and performing that stuff. I love to go to the symphony too. I think if you try hard enough you can find an example of any style of music that you like. I haven't come across a genre yet that didn't have one good piece.

Christian babershop quartet. My dad liked it on Sunday mornings before church and the thought of it fills me with shivers of dread. bleh

I knew brass players who fell asleep during concerts because of this..
We almost did. Fortunately we had similar rest lengths with the trumpets and with four of us, at least one person had the correct count and kept us all on track. Sometimes playing brass in orchestra really sucked.

Christian babershop quartet. My dad liked it on Sunday mornings before church and the thought of it fills me with shivers of dread. bleh

I do like a good barbershop quartet. Who cares if they are singing praises to God? If it makes them happy and it sounds good, why not?

I suppose I'm lucky that my parents tried to expose us to as much different music as they could. They also happened to like pretty good stuff themselves.

We almost did. Fortunately we had similar rest lengths with the trumpets and with four of us, at least one person had the correct count and kept us all on track. Sometimes playing brass in orchestra really sucked.

i can understand - even harder to land a professional gig as a brass player :(
i enjoyed playing nearly measure of symphonies... never got bored, that's for sure