Anyone here like classical music or are you too busy listening to Buster Rhymes?

i prefer older shit tho. as u alllllllll my know i dig vintage metallica. circa 1986.
thier black album and onward suk ass.

anyhoo
i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee serj tankian! i wana have his ugly babies.

black album is the last thing of theirs I can listen too...beyond that, ack

serj is brilliant

Back to the OP: I've found myself listening to a lot of Classical Arias lately. They help me feel epic in everyday life. Agnus Dei specifically just gets me going, I know if I dont start out a tough day, or a workout with it the workout wont be as good. After that? lots and lots of fast paced hip hop.

Last edited:
Beach Boys came from the idea of barbershep harmony/quartet, and they were the best band ever. ;)

Well, I don't know about that, but they are delightful.

marseilles is a cool city except for their beach...it is literally a beach of kitty litter...not sand, kitty litter

At least you can poop anywhere.

Load and Reload had some good tracks on. And S&M was a good effort.

Ew, ick. Maybe I'm just too old or something but I agree that everything since the Black album sucked and I only really liked a few tracks on the black album. Add to it all that the members of Metallica have become some serious douchebags and you get a band that completely revolts me these days. They aren't even good live anymore.

Back to the OP: I've found myself listening to a lot of Classical Arias lately. They help me feel epic in everyday life. Agnus Dei specifically just gets me going, I know if I dont start out a tough day, or a workout with it the workout wont be as good. After that? lots and lots of fast paced hip hop.

This has all reminded me that Glenn Danzig did Black Aria and I love listening to it and I haven't in a long time and I wish more artists would do little side projects like that.

i love classical music. i listened to it growing up because both of my parents listened to it. i mostly have favorite pieces, like Schubert's 9th, Beethoven's 3rd, Ravel's Romanian Rhapsody, Bartok's Adagio for Strings, and taking a serious left turn, pretty much everything by Gershwin (Rhapsody in Blue was my senior recital piece for piano).

had a little horsey named Paul Revere,
Just me and my horsey and a quart* of beer.

*The quart is an imperial and US customary unit of volume equal to a quarter of a gallon, two pints, or four cups. Since gallons of various sizes have historically been in use, quarts of various sizes have also existed. Three of these quarts remain in current use, all approximately equal to one litre.

i love classical, have no idea about it, except that i love playing it so loud my toes tingle, my breath catches and my eyes water, and i loooove violin.

i have recently become interested in opera, which i know nothing about, and i don't even know what i like and don't like yet, but i would LOVE some recommendations for it if people can give them!!!!!

start with a smattering of different operas from different composers:
don giovanni- mozart
carmen- bizet
tristian und isolde- wagner (i think? lol drugs)
tosca- puccini
porgy and bess- gershwin