Anyone here like classical music or are you too busy listening to Buster Rhymes?

DISTURBED

What is wrong with you.

:(

Repetitive. Do you Need metal advice? Go, go and get Arsis, or something.

Okay you have age on me and disturbed is okay if you live under a rock but you know there has to be more.

I actually cant remember the last time I heard a new good metal release. Arsis, and eleven billion sound alike swedish death metal bands.

Har, Enemy used to say I looked like a light Jonathan Davis, of course Ive never seen Korn but eh.

Older rock, warm but crunchy, Im thinking 70s. Try Witchcraft, Gov't Mule. Unfortunately with nu metal leanings youll end up in the vast solo incompetent land of metalcore with 36 Crazyfists (second album has best sound), Killswitch Engage (lead singer may or may not sound like a girl, not sure if it's just me), Shadows Fall (pretty good), As I Lay Dying (technically has more melodic death metal elements than the others).

I like classical music, I just don't listen to it. I don't really listen to much music anymore at all, too busy reading books or doing other things to sit around checking out bands/artists. I got my tried and tested playlist and I pretty much just stick to that.

I am however going to do an essay very soon for uni on some Russian composer that begins with S who caused quite a controversy. I assume you'll help me write it, no?

i prefer older rock... real rock.
the newer shit is meh.
but i do love me some disturbed.
got tix to go see them june 3rd.
i really dig disturbed. system of a down, korn. and omg @ serj tankian's solo album
<3

I hated SOAD when they were all faddy, then I saw them live and they blew me away. Korn were just amusing when I saw them because JD was such a fat fuck he could barely open his mouth to breathe.

Nearest I get to metal nowadays is Godspeed You Black Emperor.

I do like a good barbershop quartet. Who cares if they are singing praises to God? If it makes them happy and it sounds good, why not?

I suppose I'm lucky that my parents tried to expose us to as much different music as they could. They also happened to like pretty good stuff themselves.

Beach Boys came from the idea of barbershep harmony/quartet, and they were the best band ever. ;)

Hey someone bought me a title!

Actually, the fact I can recall it from memory should be weirder than having logs.

I first talked to you *EDIT*

Last edited:
I like classical music, I just don't listen to it. I don't really listen to much music anymore at all, too busy reading books or doing other things to sit around checking out bands/artists. I got my tried and tested playlist and I pretty much just stick to that.

I am however going to do an essay very soon for uni on some Russian composer that begins with S who caused quite a controversy. I assume you'll help me write it, no?

shostakovich - his music was often denounced by stalin. shostakovich would have rehearsals for his symphonies and watch as members of the orchestra would disappear overnight. many of his friends and relatives were killed. i listen to shostakovich's 8th symphony and it gives me chills everytime (i think that symphony was banned for sometime too)

his symphonies tell a story - about the repression and fear that was rampant under soviet rule. shostakovich often wrote tragic themes, and stalin wanted upbeat music in an effort to make life seem merrier.

there are a lot of good books/documentaries about this -

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shostakovich-Stalin-Extraordinary-Relationship-Composer/dp/0375410821"]Amazon.com: Shostakovich and Stalin: The Extraordinary Relationship Between the Great Composer and the Brutal Dictator: Solomon Volkov: Books[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shostakovich-Against-Stalin-Valery-Gergiev/dp/B000BLBZM0/ref=pd_sim_b_3"]Amazon.com: Shostakovich Against Stalin[/ame]

marseilles is a cool city except for their beach...it is literally a beach of kitty litter...not sand, kitty litter